July 30, 2014
by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 13th 2009 2:03PM
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?
- Supernatural Season 10: Who's the Mystery Returning Guest Star?
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Mystery Girls Embraces Its Campy Style With New Fashion-Centric Promo
- More From TVLine
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Producers Tell Nick to Shame Andi?
- That Keith Urban Concert May Have Been Worse Than We Thought
- 'Big Bang Theory' On Hold While Cast Negotiates Contracts
- Taylor Swift on Playing ‘Emotionless' Girl in ‘The Giver'
- More From ET