Two ABC News journalists were ambushed and killed in Iraq as they were headed home from the ABC News Baghdad bureau yesterday, ABC announced.
Thirty-three-year-old cameraman Alaa Uldeen Aziz, and 26-year-old soundman Saif Laith Yousuf were in their car when they were "reportedly ambushed and they were killed by unknown assailants" after being "stopped by two cars full of gunmen," ABC's web site reported. The network's Baghdad correspondent, Terry McCarthy said, "Today we've lost two family members, and it really hurts."
One hundred and four journalists have been killed while covering the Iraq War, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists. Notably, one of ABC's anchors, Bob Woodruff, sustained serious injuries while covering Iraq in January 2006.
You don't have to repeat those bitter journalists' mistakes. You can choose a path somewhere in between. I'm from Rolling Stone has started an online writing contest.
The series, which TV Squad reported on earlier this year, will make its debut on January 7th at 10PM for a ten-episode run. The six contestants were chosen from a pool of several thousand applicants. They spent this past summer fielding writing assignments from Rolling Stone's editors - including artist profiles, political coverage and event reviews. Some of the artists that turn up in the series include Ghostface Killah, We Are Scientists, The Roots and Band or Horses.
This may or may not be comforting news to all you Grey's Anatomy fans who had your hearts broken, as did Izzie, when Morgan died in the season finale. He also has recurring roles on Supernatural and Weeds.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET