The couple was trapped together by a lightning strike that shut off the electricity. "I'm going to have to go up on weekdays, and when you come up on the weekend, I will leave," joked Joy. "You bring all the clouds, all the dark clouds." Regis playfully responded with "Sounds pretty good to me!"
The strike shut down their security system, as well, locking doors and front gate and turning off the water supply. Joy just wanted the repair guy to tell her where the reset button was, but Regis noted the guy didn't want to do business over the phone; he'd rather come to the house for "overnight." Or, as Joy, corrected him, "overtime." Can we get these two their own show?
Throw in Letterman dishing on the Super Bowl commercial, Regis accidentally calling him 'Jay,' and Joy saying that Regis is starting to lose it, and it's just good fun. Not only that, she's a knock-out!
Watch the video after the jump.
Regis Philbin, the iron man of daytime television and entertainment in general, looks to be on the mend after having triple-bypass surgery last month. The New York Post reports that not only is he walking again, but he's actually taking shopping trips with wife Joy, and told reporters that he was feeling well.
Originally he was supposed to be out for five weeks, but it's possible he could be back a little earlier than that (though it's already been three weeks, so I doubt he'll be back until the five weeks are up). He didn't ask me, but Regis? Take your time coming back. We know you're in great shape and a workhorse and all that, but really, you're 75 years old and just had major surgery. You don't need to be all excited listening to Kelly's stories about her kids and all those screaming fans.
On Monday, Martin Short will be the guest host on Live with Regis & Kelly, and then Pat Sajak takes over for the rest of the week. The following week, Jeff Probst is the guest host.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- Chris Meloni to Star in WGN Slavery Drama Underground — With Kanye West Eyed as Musical Contributor
- Chicago Fire Enlists Ugly Betty Alum Eric Mabius for Major Arc
- Pilot Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Swisher Joins Tommy Johnagin's CBS Comedy
- Teen Wolf Season 5: Shelley Hennig on Stalia 'Changes,' New Faces and More
- More From TVLine
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- This Baby Biting His Dad Then Laughing Uncontrollably Is the New 'Charlie Bit Me'
- Zedd Met Selena Gomez Because 'He Had to Pee'
- 'Once Upon A Time' Spring Premiere: We Answer 22 of Your Most Burning Questions!
- More From ET