October 31, 2014
judge belvin perry
by PopEater Staff, posted Jul 6th 2011 4:45AM
The ink is barely dry on the jury's verdict, but already speculation's growing as to what happens next for the main players in the Casey Anthony trial. Many pundits agree that Judge Belvin Perry may have a second career waiting for him as a television judge. Could he be the next Judge Judy?
Fox news commentator Joey Jackson said, "I can certainly see him becoming the next big TV judge."
After months of court proceedings, on Tuesday, Perry confirmed the jury's verdict that Anthony was not guilty of first degree murder -- a verdict that visibly outraged the celebrity Twitter community. But Perry's shocking ruling, although an unpopular one, may only further catapult him into the celebrity judge world. Guilty or not guilty, Perry stuck to his guns throughout the trial, keeping attorneys in line and holding them accountable, dealing with even the craziest aspects of the case with an even temperament and being patient, yet rigid, in moving the case forward.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- 15 Beloved Characters We Lost on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- Bob's Burgers Sneak Peek: Tina Tries to Scare Up a Halloween Date
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Terry (and Terry) Learn All About 'Silent Disco'
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE! How 'Big Bang Theory' Surprised Fans With Billy Bob Thornton's Guest Spot!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- Katy Perry Officially Won Halloween – Don't Even Try to Beat Her Flamin' Hot Cheeto Costume
- Starbucks Will Soon Begin Delivering Coffee!
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Freaky 'Frankenstein' Makeover
- More From ET