Not only have the producers lured George Clooney and Juliana Margulies back for a last go-round, they've also cast Oscar-winner Susan Sarandon for a guest turn. George, Julianna and Susan will all appear on ER on March 12.
I'm curious to see their appearances, but here's the casting that will have me definitely tuning in: Alexis Bledel is booked for ER two-hour finale on April 2.
It's a glorious day for CW fans: The teen-oriented network has renewed six of its signature series, including 'Gossip Girl,' 'Smallville,' '90210' and 'One Tree Hill.'
In other news, Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien are reuniting for 'The Tonight Show'; a 'Lipstick' star is joining a coven in 'The Witches of Eastwick'; and LL Cool J is set to play a badass Navy SEAL in a spinoff of 'NCIS.'
See more of today's TV headlines, casting scoops and premiere dates after the jump.
Showrunner David Zabel told TV Guide, "We have a really good story line for every [major] character from the past to show [the actors] what we want to do."
Anthony Edwards is already on board to appear in flashbacks on the Nov. 13 episode (since his character, Dr. Greene, is dead), along with Paul McCrane (Dr. Romano) and Laura Innes (Dr. Weaver). Noah Wyle will guest star in four episodes, and Alex Kingston may show up as Dr. Corday.
Margulies is best known for her character, Carol, on ER. She's returning to television as a "rebellious" attorney who takes a liberal view of the law in order to protect the innocent in Canterbury's Law. Fox has not released a premiere date yet for her new show but it is expected to appear sometime in the mid-season. TV Guide is reporting that Margulies does not want the pregnancy written into the script, so expect to see a lot of creative camera work to hide the belly.
Canterbury's Law, the new FOX pilot from Denis Leary and director Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas, Timecode) has just welcomed actress Julianna Margulies to the project. Margulies will play the lead in this new series about a defense attorney who's like, all edgy and stuff. This is the first time Margulies has been on network TV since she left ER back in 2000. Margulies will also serve as a producer for the new series. The series will also star Ben Shenkman (Love Monkey).
I have to agree with Julia's assessment: the only thing that makes me think this won't just be another "lawyer" show is the involvement of Leary as producer and Figgis as director for the pilot episode. I don't think the problem is necessarily too many lawyer shows, but too many lawyer shows that follow the same basic formula.
Now comes word that she will star in a "limited series" for the Sci Fi Channel called The Lost Room. She'll play a mysterious woman who's brother was killed for a hotel room key. What the detective she reaches out to (Peter Krause of Six Feet Under) finds out is that the hotel room is...
(S06E08) "Tall or short stack?" While it's not exactly the most touching thing ever said on an episode of The Sopranos, it's gotta be up there, in some quirky kinda way, right? Vito, er ... Vince has apparently found at least one person with an interest in other men in his new "home," but he doesn't seem to want to accept that so well. You had to get a kick out of Vince (I'm having a hard time typing that, just so ya know) apparently stealing the cellphone from one of the other guests at the B&B in order to call home. Do we think his wife is going to rat him out to Phil, by any chance? I'm *sure* that someone could figure out a way to trace teh phone number that called the house, if they really wanted to.
Seeing AJ out with his friends, apparently paying the tab now that he's "minted" made me wonder what was going on there. Is he really just trying to fit in, or is there a plan behind paying $1890 bar bills somewhere? And let's just say that he most certainly is attempting to follow the family traits, one way or another. What I want to know is, will this be the slow rise of the young man into the family, or will Tony figure out another way to keep the boy busy?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- More From TVLine
- 'I Am Cait' Gets Emotional and Educational During a Road Trip With Some New Friends
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink Hair at Girlfriend's Concert in Montreal
- Eliza Dushku Got Kicked Out of Hotel Room to Make Way for One Direction
- Jericho the Lion Is Alive Despite Reports
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- More From ET