They haven't even begun filming yet and already there are problems on the set of the next Survivor.
Production on Survivor: Gabon, which starts filming later this month, has been hit with several problems during preproduction. Problem #1: shipments to the location have been delayed by 30 days. This means that the crew has to stay in tents and not a building. Problem #2: a crane fell over. Problem #3: $100,000 of food has gone missing. And Problem #4: dangerous animals are causing a problem.
Finally, one of my wishes might come true: Survivor is seriously considering moving the show to a colder climate.
Canada, to be precise. Host Jeff Probst reveals that show creator Mark Burnett is thinking about doing the next season in Canada, because they're running out of jungle/island places to go to. They probably aren't really running out of places to go, but after a while all of these places start to look and feel the same.
Probst is worried that a colder place would a.) be worse for the bodies of the contestants and b.) you wouldn't have chicks in bikinis. Well, for the first concern, I think that's the reason to do it. Give these contestants a challenge the other contestants of other seasons never had. And for the second concern, I have the solution.
Seriously, the show needs a kick in the pants, and a colder world would really reinvent the show a bit.
[via TV Tattle]
Rumors are circulating that former Baywatch star and guy who has trouble at airports David Hasselhoff will be one of the castaways in the British reality show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! Producers are offering The Hoff (as he's been called by many people, including himself) 300,000 pounds to be on the show.
Naomi Campbell might also be on the show, though she's going through her own troubles right now, so who knows if this is real or complete nonsense. Though a reality show with both David Hasselhoff and Naomi Campbell might be kind of awesome. The show starts in two weeks.
[via TV Tattle]
Not a zoo, mind you, but a real, honest to goodness jungle, with wild, dangerous animals. He wants to be the next Tarzan, though several experts are advising him against him. Says zoologist Dave Salmoni of Animal Planet:
"I'd be amazed if he lasted a week in a place like the Sunderbunds ... after just 24 hours, chances are excellent that Blaine would run across a Bengal tiger - and it would eat him."
But something tells me that would be good ratings for ABC.
[via TV Tattle]
My Gym Partner's A Monkey, the newest kid cartoon for Cartoon Network, doesn't officially premiere until Friday, February 24, but today Cartoon Network offered a sneak peak at the show. I'm a bit too old to really get into it, despite enjoying a lot of similar animated programs. Still, the show isn't without its charm and I think younger kids will get a kick out of it.
The show focuses on Adam Lyon, a kid who, because of his last name, is accidentally placed in a school for animals, Charles Darwin Middle School. Each animal's personality is based loosely on their real-life counterparts. For example, in the episode "Inoculation Day" the nurse, who's a gazelle, has trouble giving shots because her brain is only the size of a soy nut. Adam's best friend, a spider monkey named Jake, has a fascination with his own butt that's only odd if you're not a monkey. There's plenty of slapstick and poo humor, so it's pretty much guaranteed kids will love it. I even found myself cracking up a few times. The show was created by husband and wife team Jeff Cahill and Julie McNally Cahill, who previously worked on Baby Looney Tunes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- 'Castle' Episode 7.9 Photos: Castle Investigates the Death of his Favorite Action Hero
- 'Gotham' Interview: Sean Pertwee and EP on Alfred the 'Enabler' and the 'Crumbling' City
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Season 4 Winter Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- The Queen Latifah Show Cancelled; Host Thanks Fans on Facebook
- Bob's Burgers' Thanksgiving Video: Terrorist Turkeys Best the Belchers
- Penny Dreadful Season 2: Ethan and Vanessa Cozy Up in First Photo
- NBC's How Murray Saved Christmas Sneak Peek: Has TV's Next Holiday Classic Been Born?
- More From TVLine
- Nicki! Pitbull! Iggy! Everything You Need to Know About the 2014 American Music Awards
- Winnie the Pooh Banned from Polish Playground After Being Labeled a Hermaphrodite
- Gwyneth Paltrow Takes a Dig at Martha Stewart with 'Jailbird Cake' Recipe
- Listen to Beyonce's Two New Songs!
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Woman Who Says She's His 'Twin Flame'
- More From ET