April 27, 2015
just the faqs
by Kim Potts, posted Nov 11th 2010 1:40PM
While that "What Is Burn Notice?" skit on 'Saturday Night Live' last season was amusing, the USA show's enduring popularity proves that a whole lot of people know exactly what the show is: a fun, funny, fast-paced, gorgeously shot, tightly-written spy drama with a fantastic lead in Jeffrey Donovan as burned spy Michael Westen and a rich supporting cast made up of 'Evil Dead' fan favorite Bruce Campbell as Michael's retired Navy Seal pal Sam, 'Scent of a Woman' star Gabrielle Anwar as the gun-running, tough-chick-with-a-heart Fiona (Michael's love interest) and Emmy-winning TV vet Sharon Gless as Michael's mama, the equally tough and crafty Maddie.
by Kim Potts, posted Nov 4th 2010 5:30PM
If you're a fan of FX's delightfully irreverent comedy 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' -- the funniest show on TV, IMHO -- you probably already know the basics: The show was the brainchild of actor pals Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton, who spent around $100 on tapes and shot a DIY pilot that was later bought by FX.
by Kim Potts, posted Oct 18th 2010 1:00PM
It hasn't always been smooth sailing -- 'Chuck' fans have eaten a lot of Subway and shipped a lot of Nerds to NBC execs -- but the dramedy about the adorkable computer nerd-turned-spy guy and his family and friends is still alive and well in its fourth season, and with a still-devoted group of fans that tune in faithfully each Monday night (or at least set the DVR, check it out on Hulu.com, buy it from iTunes the next day ... you get the picture).
In the midst of another season that has been packed with action, romance, humor, fantastic celeb guest stars, including, in tonight's 'Chuck Versus the Couch Lock' (8PM ET, NBC), Eric Roberts, series co-creators Chris Fedak and Josh Schwartz, and Captain Awesome himself, Ryan McPartlin, chatted with AOL TV about all things 'Chuck,' past, present and future.
by Kim Potts, posted Jul 7th 2010 1:20PM
When 'Psych' kicks off its fifth season on July 14 (10PM ET), the show officially becomes USA Network's longest-running current original series, and to celebrate, the cable network known for its character-driven shows is "super-sizing" the 'Psych' characters into a 66-minute season premiere episode.
And that's certainly OK by show creator Steve Franks, who conceived 'Psych' after penning the script for the second best (after 'The Wedding Singer,' of course) Adam Sandler movie ever, 'Big Daddy.' Franks and the entire 'Psych' crew, from stars James Roday, Dule Hill, Corbin Bernsen, Timothy Omundson and Maggie Lawson to the show's pop culture-obsessed writers and production staff, are immensely proud of the series, which has developed an extremely loyal fanbase that awaits every little movie, TV and junk food reference the show can serve up each week.
by Kim Potts, posted Jun 21st 2010 3:20PM
It really is all about the Big Red Balls. Those giant rubber orbs are synonymous with 'Wipeout,' and are the cause of many a trouncing of a show contestant, of course. But how did producers come up with idea? How do they come up with any of the Rube Goldberg-y contraptions that keep lulling viewers into thinking they can conquer whatever unexpected zonks the course will throw at them? And how do they/whose job is it to test the ever-changing 'Wipeout' course?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Eras, Immunity, Dance-Offs and the Top 7
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: Gwen, Usher and CeeLo Return to Advise the Top 8
- 'Gotham' Recap: Does Gordon Rescue Barbara?
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- More From BuddyTV
- Viola Davis to Play Harriet Tubman in HBO Film From John Adams Scribe
- The Voice: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 8 Top 8
- NCIS: Emily Wickersham Previews a Sad Loss, Gibbs''Secret Relationship'
- The Originals' Danielle Campbell Talks Davina's Plan to Kill Klaus, Revive Kol
- The Unauthorized Full House Story Greenlit at Lifetime
- More From TVLine
- Before Adam Lambert's 'Ghost Town' Premiere: Hype Williams' 14 Best Music Videos
- Bruce Jenner's Fellow Olympian on Friend's Transgender Announcement: 'Hardest Thing I Could Ever Imagine'
- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out on Patrick Dempsey's 'Grey's Anatomy' Exit
- Kris Jenner Refutes Claim That She Refused to Comment on Bruce Jenner's '20/20' Interview
- Penelope Cruz Sizzles in a Skintight Red Jumpsuit for 'Zoolander 2'
- More From ET