The movie is split into three different segments. While the first two stories are interesting and well done, it's the third segment that scarred me for life.
Show: Trilogy of Terror
Have you ever seen this (the original Trilogy of Terror, not the '90s remake)? It completely and utterly terrified me as a ten year-old.
The TV movie consisted of three short films, all starring Karen Black in different roles. The first one has her as a teacher who is blackmailed by a student, but she gets the upper hand on him in a creepy way. The second has Black playing twin sisters. But it's the third story that freaked me out. "Amelia" has Black alone in her apartment, being chased around by a little doll that has a knife in it's hand. It sounds silly, I know. How can a doll hurt a grown woman? But the little bastard is vicious and relentless, and it's entirely convincing. When Amelia thinks she has killed the doll by trapping it in the oven, we find out that it takes over her soul. The last scene has Amelia calling her mom to come over, so she can kill her.
Somehow I don't think this ran on The Wonderful World of Disney.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Revolution': 23 Shocking Moments from 'Clue'
- 14 TV Characters Who Would Make Good Drinking Buddies
- 'Revolution' Recap: Monroe Reaches the Tower, Miles Finds the Traitor
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Heather's Big Night, Another Forgotten Fight
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- 'Bates Motel' finale recap: Season 1 episode 10 'Midnight' - Norman goes psycho
- 'Motive' premiere: Are you intrigued by the whys and wherefores?
- 'The Big C' series finale: 'Go get 2 forks' ... and some tissues, please
- 'Rectify' finale recap: Season 1 episode 6 'Jacob's Ladder' is about more than Daniel's guilt or innocence
- More From Zap2it