This is going to be a 4 DVD superset, and extras will include not only the usual commentaries, deleted scenes, featurettes, and gag reel, but also the never used alternate pilot episode, where Earl was changed not by watching Carson Daly on TV, but by watching Stewie from Family Guy. It was supposed to be sort of a crossover ep, but they went with Daly instead.
That should be pretty cool, as will guest commentaries from Jon Favreau and Juliette Lewis.
(S01E24) We've followed Earl Hickey on his quest for karma and for good things in his life to happen after doing many bad things. Despite the good fortune of winning $100,000 from a lottery ticket (after stealing things from a parked car), he immediately gets hit by a moving car and ends up in the hospital, and loses the ticket.
After lying in a hospital bed and his wife Joy divorcing him, he finds salvation in the words of Carson Daly who attributes his success to the results of doing good things for other people. Earl makes a list of all his bad deeds, and begins making things right. Of course, the winning lottery ticket finds its way to him, and he decides to use the money to help him do what he needs to do.
This week we learn that Earl Hickey still can be led astray somewhat from his karmic journey. Number 37 on his list was "stole a laptop", so he and Randy begin the trek to return to it's rightful owner. Of course, through a series of flashbacks, we learn that Earl wasn't exactly the best of students, so when he learns that the laptop belongs to a college professor, his old fears of failure return.
On the way to the college campus, Earl and Randy knock over a bus stop sign as they continue to be amazed by the screen saver. He promises an elderly woman that he'll fix the sign the next day, but coming events will prevent him from doing so.
As they reach the Frostburg University
campus, Earl and Randy find themselves in the middle of a frat party, and Randy is astounded by all the goings on. He
asks Earl if he can stay and join in on the fun, and his brother agrees. Earl continues to search for Professor Alex
Meyers, and discovers to his liking that she is an attractive professor. While trying to get her attention to give her
back the laptop, the professor fears she is about to be assaulted, and promptly lands a hard kick to Earl's
Of course, show creator Greg Garcia had a great comment about Jason's misery. He said, "I saw him shake Charlie Sheen's hand at the Golden Globes, and the next morning he woke up with bumps all over him."
This week we learned that Earl does suffer from envy, but that karma can pack a mighy punch. Number 202 on Earl's list of past misdeeds was returning a wallet he stole in a gas station bathroom. For him, it was the motherlode--a thousand bucks that he, then-wife Joy, and brother Randy spent on a wild shopping spree at Jasper's, a mall inside a storage unit. After returning the merchandise, Earl tracks down the man (Jeff) whom he stole from, and finds out the money was earmarked for his honeymoon with his overly tanned wife. Although Earl has returned the money, Jeff can't easily take time off from work, so Earl decides to fill in for him at his job.
It turns out that Jeff works at a local fast food joint where cleanliness can be a bit "spotty." Plus, the restaurant's manager, Mr. Patrick, is not exactly the model boss. He is quite abusive to his employees, and Earl has to put up with his bullying ways in order to make it through the week. It's not easy for Earl--we see flashbacks of him punching out a number of his past bosses because he couldn't stand their management styles.
Mr. Patrick really lays it out on Earl, including making him eat a french fry covered in dirt. Earl's patience is wearing then, but he soldiers on. He keeps thinking that karma will one day get it's vengeance on Mr. Patrick, but the signs don't point in that direction.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Finale: 27 Happy and Tragic Moments from 'A Mother's Work'
- 'Castle' Season 6 Spoilers: Castle's Father Returns, 3XK Hints and Beckett's Reaction to That Song
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Agent of the Week: A Mid-Season Dilemma
- [Video] 'The Tomorrow People' Sneak Peek: John's Tortured by Ultra
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Bridge'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'SNL': John Goodman and Taran Killam sing Christmas carols in promos
- 'The Voice's' Cole Vosbury on being eliminated: 'I didn't want to let Blake Shelton down'
- Simon Cowell says 'The X Factor' Season 4 could be one night
- TV ratings: 'Victoria's Secret' steady for CBS Tuesday and 'Chicago Fire' hits series high in viewers
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special trailer: 'If you want my life, come and get it'
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper as DC Villain [Spoiler]
- Showtime's Episodes Renewed for Season 4
- Exclusive: Guy Pearce to Orbit Sean Saves the World as New Love Interest for Sean
- Hot Video: Doctor Who's Christmas Special Trailer Declares, 'Eleven's Hour Is Over Now'
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Eyes New Low, Chicago Fire Hits a High, Victoria's Secret Tops Tuesday
- More From TVLine