Why have one outlaw biker show when you can have two? I always find it a little odd when you see two movies or television shows pop up at the same time that share strikingly similar premises. And that's what we have here. Sons Of Anarchy, from The Shield writer/executive producer Kurt Sutter, centers on an outlaw motorcycle club in Charming, CA. Clearly much different than HBO's 1%, which tells the story of an outlaw motorcycle club in Carefree, AZ. They're two completely different states after all.
Of course, I kid... a little bit. The shows do have different takes on the subject, and there is a rundown of the development time lines for both of them in the article at The Hollywood Reporter. Sons will focus on Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) and the conflict that develops as his loyalty to the club clashes with his trepidation where their lawlessness is concerned. Sutter's wife, Katey Sagal, is along for the ride as Teller's mother. The role of Jax's step-father was played by Scott Glenn in the pilot but will be recast in the series. I'm not sure if there is room for two biker shows on the television schedule, but with Sutter in charge of Sons, and Donal Logue signed on for 1%, I'll have to take a look at both of them.
Al and Peg aren't going to be too happy about this.
David Faustino, aka Bud Bundy on the long-running FOX comedy Married...With Children, was arrested on Saturday night in Florida. Seems the actor was not only arguing with his ex-wife in the middle of an intersection - screaming obscenities, etc - but he was also "intoxicated." Not sure if that means booze or pot or both, but the police did find 20 grams of pot inside his pocket.
The Smoking Gun has the police report, and the mug shot (of course). Faustino looks rather stunned.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fox Pulls Utopia From Tuesdays, MasterChef Junior to Claim Time Slot
- AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns
- A to Z Star Cristin Milioti Talks Hitting the Rom-Com Jackpot (Again) — Plus: Why HIMYM's Ending Was 'Brave'
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix: 25 Must-Watch Episodes (And 7 You Can Totally Skip)
- Red Band's Dave Annable on Hot Doc's Messy Love Life, Clooney-esque Hair
- More From TVLine
- Mom Documents All the Hilarious Ways Her 4-Year-Old Insults Her
- 'Twilight' Is Returning with New Short Films
- Mindy Kaling and Elmo Dancing Together Will Melt Your Heart
- Listen to the Original Jasmine Sing the 'Aladdin' Theme Song 22 Years Later
- Nick Jonas Flashes His Abs For 'Flaunt' Magazine
- More From ET