Jericho fans, I blame this all on you. If you weren't so successful with your campaign to renew the series none of what is going on now would have happened. Instead, we have Mars bars being sent to the head of CW programming to renew Veronica Mars, online petitions being written to keep ABC's Traveler on the air, and now KitKat bars being sent to everyone connected with American Idol to have former runner-up Katharine McPhee come back to the show next season to perform.
See what you guys and gals have done?!
It seems that McPhee's fans, known as "McPhans", are a bit miffed that Katharine was not brought back for this past season's finale of AI even when she called and expressed her interest to program executives. So, these McPhans have started Project KitKat to express their anger. American Idol and FOX network execs who dissed Katharine will be sent KitKat bars along with a strongly-worded note expressing the fans' disappointment with the show.
Last August, producers announced that a contest would be held to select an original song for the sixth season finalists to perform. This contest would have given one very talented and lucky songwriter the chance to have his or her tune heard by millions of Idol's fans.
Now it looks like struggling songwriters are going to have to put their American Idol dreams on hold, at least for this year. It's too bad, really. I guess now we can expect the same old bland and generic first single from this season's Idol winner.
I don't know what to say about tonight's episode. It doesn't gel easily around a theme, unless "begging" is tonight's theme. And it doesn't leave a lasting impression in my mind. Still, the judges seemed pleased with the L.A. auditions and award an astounding 40 coveted golden tickets over two days. But I'm confused. If they found so much talent, why do we see so little of it? I'm not impressed by one performance tonight. Nothing blows me away. Is this really the best that L.A. has to offer?
McPhee will be riding the "Clean Water" float. Standing in a lush garden setting between a "giant leaping frog" and a working faucet dumping 400 gallons of water per minute, she'll spread McPheever through the streets of Pasadena. You know, I'm actually not all that bothered to find out when people are lip-syncing. The demands of television production sometimes require it. Would you blame Katharine for not wanting to sing live from atop of moving vehicle with a giant frog straddling her head? I should hope not.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Katharine acknowledges that it would probably be a mistake for Wonder Woman to be her debut role, but she doesn't deny the possibility of it happening. Frankly, with Whedon at the helm, I think anything is possible. She also talks about her upcoming CD, the Idol tour, and the obsessive Idol fans.
As far as Wonder Woman goes though, can't we just give the gig to Charisma Carpenter and get on with it?
For a list of tour dates, check here.
By the way. Did anyone else know that Katharine, 22, has a boyfriend who's 41?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 17 Moments of Drinking, Spying and Kissing from 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Casting Bits: de Rossi on 'Scandal,' Fairley on 'Resurrection' and More
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Andi on the Audience Admirer, Closure and the Lie Detector Results
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- Scandal Books Portia de Rossi for a 'Top-Secret Arc'
- Sneak Peek: Can Last Comic's Nikki Roast Gilbert Gottfried to a Crisp?
- ABC's black-ish Makes Bold (Fashion) Statement in Key Art — First Look
- More From TVLine
- 17 Times Lady Gaga Worshipped Her Little Monsters at the artRAVE
- Naya Rivera Marries Ryan Dorsey In Surprise Wedding
- The Rock Explains What Was In His '90s Throwback Fanny Pack
- Miley Cyrus Tones It Down For Pharrell's 'Come Get It Bae' Video
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child (REPORT)
- More From ET