keeping them honest
If you've ever wanted to see CNN's Anderson Cooper report the news from a trash can, today's your lucky day.
Cooper will be a guest today on PBS' Sesame Street. Check out the pic on the right. That's Cooper inside a trash can, next to Oscar The Grouch and his trash can. He'll be reporting for GNN: The Grouch News Network.
A while back I called Anderson Cooper "The Four Million Dollar Man." Looks like we're going to have to call him something else.
CNN has just given the anchor of Anderson Cooper 360 a big increase in pay. Cooper will be paid $50 million over the next five years. Yes, that's 5-0. That comes out to be $10 million a year, but it's up to you whether you want to call Coop "The 50 Million Dollar Man" or "The 10 Million Dollar Man."
So readers, is he worth it? It's really hard to judge whether one person is "worth" the amount of money they are given, whether it's Michael Jordan, Julia Roberts, or Anderson Cooper. But Cooper does indeed seem to be the future of CNN, the "face" of the network, if you will, and it looks like they want to lock him in for a long time to come.
Cooper hosts his nightly show at 10pm and also contributes to 60 Minutes over on CBS.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: Liar, Liar, House on Fire
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: The Author is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Hugh Jackman Says He's Only Playing Wolverine 'One Last Time'
- Rihanna Performs 'BBHMM' at iHeartRadio Awards, and It's Amazing!
- Jamie Foxx Slammed for 'Transphobic' Bruce Jenner Jokes
- 5 Insane Moments From 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale
- 'The Walking Dead' Spin-Off Releases First Ominous Teaser
- More From ET