keeping them honest
If you've ever wanted to see CNN's Anderson Cooper report the news from a trash can, today's your lucky day.
Cooper will be a guest today on PBS' Sesame Street. Check out the pic on the right. That's Cooper inside a trash can, next to Oscar The Grouch and his trash can. He'll be reporting for GNN: The Grouch News Network.
A while back I called Anderson Cooper "The Four Million Dollar Man." Looks like we're going to have to call him something else.
CNN has just given the anchor of Anderson Cooper 360 a big increase in pay. Cooper will be paid $50 million over the next five years. Yes, that's 5-0. That comes out to be $10 million a year, but it's up to you whether you want to call Coop "The 50 Million Dollar Man" or "The 10 Million Dollar Man."
So readers, is he worth it? It's really hard to judge whether one person is "worth" the amount of money they are given, whether it's Michael Jordan, Julia Roberts, or Anderson Cooper. But Cooper does indeed seem to be the future of CNN, the "face" of the network, if you will, and it looks like they want to lock him in for a long time to come.
Cooper hosts his nightly show at 10pm and also contributes to 60 Minutes over on CBS.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Star Kyle Richards on Brandi Glanville: 'We Won't Be Friends Again'
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star NeNe Leakes: ' I'm Not Friends With Cynthia'
- 'The Amazing Race' Predictions: Who Will Win Season 25?
- 'Kardashians' Couple Officially Divorced, Bruce Jenner to Change Name?
- 'The 100': The Ups and Downs of Finn's Journey
- More From BuddyTV
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine