Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman were on the show, and the two Aussies -- who have also promised to join Winfrey for one of her shows "Down Under" -- had the honor of revealing which audience member had won.
This swept-away schoolhouse was part of the Lighthouse Christian School, which has been run by the Sweatt family since 2003. After the floods, the Sweatts led relief efforts in the area, assisting over 200 families. But now, their school is in danger of shutting for good ... unless they get some help. So 'Extreme Makeover' (Sun., 8PM ET on ABC) comes their aid.
Yeah, so for once, Lady Gaga's performance, which involved smashing a plate-glass window and setting a piano on fire wasn't the most interesting performance of the night. Instead, everyone is talking about two people: Jennifer Lopez and Adam Lambert. Lopez's unfortunate fall during her performance of "Louboutins" probably mortified her, but it wasn't the most awkward thing to happen during the ceremony. That distinction goes to American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert's decidedly non-family-friendly performance.
You can check out both videos after the jump.
At long last, the season 8 finale of American Idol has arrived! It's been fun watching all of the Idols grow in their musical prowess (that's a Paula word), especially Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, the final two performers who couldn't be more different, but are both awesome in their own way.
Ryan started things off by introducing the judges, along with a funny video clip for each of them -- Randy Jackson saying "For Me" throughout the season; Kara DioGuardi saying "sweetie" and "honey" to people who didn't make it past the audition process; Paula's round-up of colorful adjectives (vocal prowess, masterful and effortless, palette, etc.); and Simon's issues with hearing what people say (as in, he could probably use a hearing aid!).
I'm not the kind of person who normally resorts to pumping something full of hype, but if you are reading this and haven't seen the new big-screen adaptation of Star Trek, you need to be tied to something heavy so that "certain" people can know your whereabouts at all times.
J.J. Abrams' new vision of TV's original Star Trek has everything you expect from a summer movie flick that costs $150 million to make and $8.25 a ticket: laughs, big explosions, smokin' hot alien babes who spend the majority of their screen time in skimpy underwear.
Okay, maybe they're not all A-listers. But all of them are performing.
However, the writing this week was really something else. It was a lot weirder than usual, I thought. For the most part, I liked it. I see that they've cut down on a lot of the more formulaic recurring character sketches, which is a massive improvement. Plus, none of the those recurring sketches are accompanied shitty little theme songs! Remember the days of "Debbie Downer" and "Carol"? Thank goodness those are over.
If the news is accurate, she chose a good weekend to tie the knot. From the sounds of it, all the paparazzi made the trip to Sydney, Australia for these nuptials.
Isn't this the housewife who, in real lie, admitted to being desperate to find a mate back during season one of DH?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Who Will the Mystery Woman Be?
- 15 Times Taylor Swift Lyrics Perfectly Described 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11: Ranking the 11 Most Memorable Meltdowns
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Freaky Moments from 'Required Reading'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Exhibit 'A'
- Graceland Sneak Peek: Jakes Suits Up for Charlie's 'Swamp People' Sting
- Banshee Sets End Date: Season 4 Will Be Cinemax Drama's Last
- Longmire Team on Season 4's 'Second Chances' Theme, A&E Cancellation
- NBC's The Wiz Casts Queen Latifah as Wizard, Mary J. Blige as Wicked Witch
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato's Adorable Dog Dies in 'Tragic Accident'
- After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death, Who Will Whitney Houston's Fortune Go to Now?
- The Weeknd Is Literally on Fire in 'Can't Feel My Face' Music Video
- Bad Blood? Chris Harrison Eviscerates Lifetime's 'Bachelor'-Style Drama 'UnReal': 'It Is Terrible'
- Kanye West Drops Mic, Walks Off Stage at Pan Am Games Closing Ceremony (UPDATED)
- More From ET