Well, I posted information on the campaign to keep Traveler on the air, as well as the send-in project to get Katharine McPhee back into the good graces of American Idol next season, so why the hell not post information on a new petition. I mean, its summer . . . what else to I have to do anyway?
Today's campaign is to renew the CBS comedy The Class. According to the campaign's very plain and easy-to-read website most people have been mailing in erasers and/or Moroccan Chicken recipes to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler and Executive VP of Programming Kelly Kahl. They have also been sending in packs of Skittles because of a line mentioned by one of the characters ('I ate so many Skittles I peed the rainbow').
Unlike ABC and NBC, whose network programming heads went solo, CBS trotted out not only Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, but Nancy Tellem, the president of the CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group, and Kelly Kahl, CBS's EVP of programming operations.
The only thing that really concerned the trio was the presence of what NBC's Kevin Reilly called the "Death Star": American Idol. The concern was so great that the three of them used more science fiction terminology than you'd ever expect network executives to know.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'There's No Place Like Home'
- 11 Times 'The 100' Gave Me Nightmares
- 6 Reasons to Watch 'The Americans' Season 3
- 'Suits' Interview: Sarah Rafferty on Louis' Rage, Collateral Damage, Fun Flashback and More!
- 'The Bachelor' Family Blogs: A Tale of Two Ashleys
- More From BuddyTV
- RuPaul's Drag Race Shakes Up Judges' Panel — Watch the Season 7 Trailer!
- The Walking Dead First Look: 'What Happened' to Michonne?
- Stalker Sneak Peek: Phoebe Tonkin's Ex Marks the Spot — Or Does He?
- Will Suits Give In to Louis? 'You Can't Say Yes to a Child's Demands,' Says EP
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Freezer Burn
- More From TVLine
- 'Arrow': Is Laurel in Over Her Head? Katie Cassidy on 'Jaw-Dropping' Canary Twists!
- Netflix's ‘Wet Hot American Summer' Cast by the Numbers
- GoDaddy Pulls Puppy Super Bowl Ad Following Backlash
- Nick Jonas Is Sick of Looking at His Shirtless, Crotch-Grabbing Photos
- Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones? 6 Reasons He Could Be the Best or Worst Choice
- More From ET