kenny vs. spenny
Mideast peace crisis? Check. Mortality? Check. Discrimination? Check. Kenny Hotz is confronting all of the world's biggest issues in his new show, 'Kenny Hotz's Triumph of the Will.'
But don't worry -- this isn't a serious show featuring a goody-goody Kenny. You'll get to see all of the famous controversial Kenny antics you've grown to know and love over the years, on a much bigger scale. Remember how on 'Kenny vs. Spenny' Kenny would do anything to win, whether it was moral or not? Well, he's applying that approach to his new missions on 'Triumph.'
Still have no idea what to expect from 'Triumph'? Read on for a more thorough explanation from the man himself. AOL TV caught up with Kenny to get all of the dirty details about 'Triumph,' including his rationale for pimping out his elderly mother on national television.
Spencer 'Spenny' Rice is heading back to the tube with a new show that's absolutely nothing like 'Kenny vs Spenny.' Rice is trying his hand at scripted comedy with a sitcom called 'Single White Spenny,' set to debut this week on Showcase. The show chronicles the dating misadventures of Spenny, a goofy man-child who's desperate to find love.
Spenny's quest for love is hindered by his own outrageous acts of self-sabotage. In one episode, for instance, he thinks he's found 'the one,' but then has 'revenge sex' with dozens of women who have wronged him over the years. Spenny is supported by his BFF Chelsea (Amy Matysio, 'Corner Gas'), his self-absorbed mother (Deb McGrath, 'Little Mosque on the Prairie'), his ill-tempered assistant (Nikki Payne, 'Last Comic Standing') and his weird neighbor, Phil (Wayne Thomas, 'Meet the Fockers').
We caught up with Rice to chat about everything from his unique relationship with his real-life mother to how a tidbit about foreskin he learned on 'Penn & Teller's Bulls--t' made its way onto 'Single White Spenny.'
As usual, best friends Kenny and Spenny are at cross purposes. Spenny wants to make a genuinely touching holiday special, while Kenny just wants to humiliate Spenny. Challenges include creating a puppet show and creating an adaptation of Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol.' I'm guessing Spenny plays Scrooge.
You let their crazed fans throw down the gauntlet for them.
The Canadian Jackass-off that is Kenny vs. Spenny wants competition ideas from their viewers for their sixth season.
The creators of Comedy Central's South Park have a rare, carte blanche contract to write, produce, star and create just about whatever they want. If they think it's cool or funny or particularly meaningful, that's enough fuel to get things burning.
One of those projects found its way to the small screen, a weekly travel news show called How's Your News?, which premieres on MTV this Sunday at 10:30 PM ET. It features a band of handicapped reporters talking to celebrities and on-the-street schmoes about anything that's on their minds. It started as a series of short films and turned into a critically acclaimed documentary. Stone told me that this time, the ambition and imagination that fueled this project came from its true stars.
According to an Associated Press story, Trey Parker and Matt Stone (a.k.a. the creators of South Park) are producing a new series for Comedy Central called Kenny vs. Spenny.
The premise is that of two friends, Kenny Hotz and Spencer Rice, who are fiercely competitive with each other and engage each other in performing in stupid competitions (such as who could sell more Bibles) for bragging rights. Parker and Stone are not actually the creators but are rather importing the series from Canada. Comedy Central would finance 10 new episodes as well as show 10 of the originals.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Glee, Grey's, Vampire Diaries, HTGAWM, Jane, Parks, Cougar Town and More
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Surprise: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- More From TVLine
- Kendall Jenner Sets the Record Straight On All Those Bullying Rumors with These Insane 'Dazed' Covers
- John Legend on His Wife Chrissy Teigen: It Wasn't Love at First Sight
- Gay Soccer Star Robbie Rogers on His New Memoir, ABC Sitcom & Boyfriend Greg Berlanti
- Mila Kunis Steps Out Slim and Trim Only 2 Months After Having Baby
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are Coming to TV -- For a Limited Time Only
- More From ET