He can set up a shell company which can take anonymous donations from anyone, including corporations or billionaires, and then the shell company can donate to his Super PAC so it's untraceable.
Kline said the word was spelled with an "re," to which the host replied, "Well, welcome to America, sir -- it's 'er.' It's not France."
Colbert refused to be intimidated by the acting icon, saying, "You're known for your great stage prominence, but I will not be out-annunciated by you."
He then launched into a tongue-twisting rhyme that must circulate among thespians, because Kline deftly joined in. Check it out, and decide who is the better articulator.
"I had terrible practicing discipline," he said. "I would try to be practicing my classical music, but then I would get distracted by other things."
Jimmy Fallon asked if Kline could demonstrate. The actor began playing the somber notes of Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata.' But he then launched into The Doobie Brothers' 'Takin' It to the Streets.' "Same chords," said Kline. Fallon sang lead and The Roots then kicked in on backup.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the untitled hour-long drama will revolve around a doctor (Kline) who must start over after serving a 15-year prison sentence for murdering his mistress.
The show was written by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Auburn ('Proof'), and will be executive produced by Kline, Gavin Polone and Kline's manager, Judy Hofflund.
There's no title for the show yet (which often happens when it's in the early stages), but the plot has Kline playing a doctor who gets out of prison after serving fifteen years for murdering a woman, his mistress. Somehow this doesn't strike me as a wacky comedy. The writer is David Auburn, who wrote the movie 'Proof.'
In an interesting article at IGN.com, blogger Travis Fickett points out that there used to be a line of demarcation between the worlds of acting: film actors vs. television actors. But nowadays the stars are going back and forth a lot more fluidly.
10:04: OK, that's it for me. I haven't even eaten yet. Don't forget to head on over to Moviefone for complete coverage of the awards (and if you missed the show, TNT is going to repeat it at 11).
See you next Friday night at Zac Efron's house.
10:01: Did Josh Brolin just make a snide reference to Julie Christie's "tiniest actor" comment when she accepted her award a few minutes ago, or was it just a joke I didn't get?
9:59: Looks like there's just movie-centric awards left. I forgot there isn't a Best TV Drama or Best TV Comedy category at the SAG Awards.
9:50: Matthew McConaghey and Kate Hudson: king and queen of the crappy romantic film.
9:46: This Farmer's Help Point ad is freaky, but I had a dream the other night that was even stranger. I won't go into details, but it involved a mutant cannibal family and a used record store. That's the last time I eat 8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups right before bed.
9:36: Blair Underwood talking about the new technology that has come to film and television. The hidden message here is...pay the damn writers for stuff on the internet and cell phones!
9:29: These tributes to the people who died in the past year always make me nervous, because I'm afraid they'll forget someone. But this was well done, including TV character actors with the big name stars, and was even up to date as late as last week.
9:24: Female Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries is...a tie! Queen Latifah wins. Um, wait, I thought it was a tie? I'm confused.
9:20: Um...Mickey Rooney is aware that this isn't his tribute show, right?
9:18: Male Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries...Kevin Kline, As You Like It.
9:17: James Spader is slowly morphing into William Shatner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- More From BuddyTV
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- Taylor Swift's Bringing This Hot Dish to Thanksgiving
- 12 Stars Who Can't Stand Their Own Hit Song
- Jordin Sparks Takes Shots at Ex-Boyfriend Jason Derulo in New Track
- The Best & Worst Thanksgiving Sides: Our Definitive List
- More From ET