(S01E18) If you bail Chris out every time he doesn't like something, that means he's going to run to you every time he has a problem, which means he'll never learn how to be a man. And if you can't teach him to be a man that means you're a bad father. And if you're a bad father, that means I picked the wrong husband. And if you think I'm about to let people run around here talking about "I just marry anybody" you must be out your damn mind. -- Chris' mom
Last night's episode was directed by creator and narrator Chris Rock. This is the first time he's helmed an episode since the show debuted last year.
We've known since the first episode that Chris doesn't get along with anyone at his school, including the faculty, save for his friend Greg and one teacher who mistakenly sees Chris as an endless font of information on black history and culture. After being duped into an ambush in which he's bombarded with water balloons filled with white paint, Chris asks his parents to let him transfer to a new school. His mother wants Chris to tough it out, but she eventually caves in. Of course, once Chris realizes he could actually be stabbed to death at his new school rather than just punched out on occasion, he decides to go with the lesser of two evils and returns to his old school.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Pits the Mikaelsons Against One Another
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 10 Perform
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Muting and the Beasts
- More From TVLine
- Jon Stewart Reveals Date of His Final 'Daily Show' Episode
- 'Full House' Revival Is Heading to Netflix!
- 7 Biggest Surprise Appearances at Coachella: Kanye, Madonna and More!
- Zachary Levi & Missy Peregrym File for Divorce After Less Than 1 Year of Marriage
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 6 Heads to the Beach for Spring Break!
- More From ET