(S01E18) If you bail Chris out every time he doesn't like something, that means he's going to run to you every time he has a problem, which means he'll never learn how to be a man. And if you can't teach him to be a man that means you're a bad father. And if you're a bad father, that means I picked the wrong husband. And if you think I'm about to let people run around here talking about "I just marry anybody" you must be out your damn mind. -- Chris' mom
Last night's episode was directed by creator and narrator Chris Rock. This is the first time he's helmed an episode since the show debuted last year.
We've known since the first episode that Chris doesn't get along with anyone at his school, including the faculty, save for his friend Greg and one teacher who mistakenly sees Chris as an endless font of information on black history and culture. After being duped into an ambush in which he's bombarded with water balloons filled with white paint, Chris asks his parents to let him transfer to a new school. His mother wants Chris to tough it out, but she eventually caves in. Of course, once Chris realizes he could actually be stabbed to death at his new school rather than just punched out on occasion, he decides to go with the lesser of two evils and returns to his old school.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: Sexual Foibles
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Who Are the Heretics?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: The Production Crew Get Makeovers
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: 'Tonya, You Negligent Slut!'
- Scandal Recap: White House Frown
- Heroes Reborn Recap: Suicide Squad
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Secrets and Spies, Plus: The Witnesses as Roomies
- The Originals Premiere: EP Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy
- More From TVLine