kids choice awards
Here's what to look forward to -- in addition to several important Hollywood people getting slimed -- when the award show airs at 8PM ET on Nick.
The Host: Jack Black will be officiating this year's ceremony; the third time the 41-year-old actor has hosted the show since 2006. Jack really gets into his duties with his usual amped-up, kid-at-heart attitude, as seen in this clip from his "press conference" about the awards show.
'Lost' Star Henry Ian Cusick Returns to TV, Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony in New Broadway Show and More
Henry Ian Cusick, who played handsome Scotsman Desmond Hume on 'Lost,' will play the lead in ABC's new Shonda Rhimes pilot about professional crisis management consultant Olivia Price. Cusick's character is a lawyer who works for Kerry Washington's Price, TV Line reports.
Actress Katie Lowes has also landed a role on the show as a young lawyer on the team.
In other TV news ...
• CBS greenlit the J.J. Abrams / Jonah Nolan pilot 'Person of Interest.' The show is about an "ex-CIA hitman and a scientist who team up to prevent crimes before they happen." [Entertainment Weekly]
• Kathy Griffin wants a Tony, which is probably why she's heading to Broadway with a limited-run show called 'Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony.' The show will run from March 11–13 and 15–19, and the comedian will tackle "fresh material due to the revolving door of pop culture, political and celebrity missteps." [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt might be interested in joining the 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' cast, but Andy Cohen isn't into it. "Hell no," tweeted the 'Watch What Happens Live' host yesterday when someone asked if he'd consider it. [Twitter]
It's probably good that she taped her acceptance speech, lest she get slimed on stage. Something tells us she probably wouldn't even have minded, though.
Watch the video after the jump.
Green goes good with her blue hair, though, doesn't it? Even if it does taste like "boogers"! Miley Cyrus, who won the award, was very, very grateful that Perry didn't try to hug her and mess up her gorgeous white top.
Watch the video after the jump.
Forget Academy politics and catering to the foreign press. The annual award show allows fans to vote on categories that include include staples like favorite TV actress (Selena Gomez took the orange blimp this year) and demo-specific verticals like cutest couple ('New Moon''s fictional Jacob and Bella [Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart] beat out the Obamas) and favorite voice from an animated movie (Jim Carrey). Comedian Kevin James hosted the event, which featured performances from tween phenom Justin Bieber and Rihanna, plus the requisite celeb-sliming.
Sweltering afternoon heat didn't stop the likes of Rihanna, Will Smith and his family, the Jonas Brothers and more from swarming the orange carpet ahead of the show. While the KCAs is familiar turf for some, others were taking it all in for the first time.
- Bravo has a 'House' marathon all night.
- At 7, CBS has NCAA Basketball.
- Current has '50 Greatest Viral Videos' at 7.
- At 8, FOX has a new 'Cops.'
- Nickelodeon has 'The Kids Choice Awards' at 8, followed by the series premiere of 'Victorious.'
- HGTV has a new 'Divine Design' at 8, then new episodes of 'Sarah's House' and 'Dear Genevieve.'
- Retro TV has 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' at 8, followed by the original 'Battlestar Galactica.'
- Also at 8: Animal Planet has a new 'It's Me or the Dog.'
- At 9, FOX has a new 'America's Most Wanted.'
- CNBC has a new 'Suze Orman Show' at 9.
- Syfy has 'Dark Relic' at 9.
- At 9:30, Disney has a new 'Suite Life on Deck.'
- At 10, Style has a new episode of 'The Dish.'
- TLC has a new 'Paranormal Court' at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Kevin James has been announced as the host of the 23rd annual 'Kids' Choice Awards' set to air on March 27.
What a shame. That means his breathtaking tour-de-force film 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' won't be eligible for a nomination, per the 'Kids' Choice' voting bylaws pact of 1997 overseen and enacted by former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, then-UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and the guy who played Barth on 'You Can't Do That on Television.'
Yes, according to PEOPLE, the rotund comedian will be hosting Nickelodeon's 23rd Annual Kids' Choice Awards, which is set to air on Mar. 27. James, who as host will be in line for the traditional full body slime regimen, was effusive about the honor, stating "hosting the Kids' Choice Awards completes me."
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
1. Kid's Choice Awards (Nickelodeon)
2. WWE Monday Night RAW - 10pm (USA)
3. Planet Earth - Ice Worlds (Discovery)
4. WWE Monday Night RAW - 9pm (USA)
5. Planet Earth - Deserts (Discovery)
6. SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon)
7. SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon)
8. Pirates of the Carribean (USA)
9. Fairly Odd Parents (Nickelodeon)
10. SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon)
American Idol wins FAVORITE TV SHOW! At the Nickelodeon's annual Kids' Choice Awards. Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul showed up this weekend to accept the award, but Simon Cowell was a no-show. Too bad, if ever anyone needed to get slimed . . .
According to the Nielsens, the Kids' Choice Awards show was watched by more 6-to-11-year-olds than American Idol. Who says kids today watch too much TV?
The 18-track collection includes all six of Paula's #1 chart-toppers, including: "Forever Your Girl," "Opposites Attract," "Cold Hearted," and "Rush, Rush."
You kiddies might not know this, but back in the old days (the golden years of MTV), long before Paula became the weeping, slurring, iconic Idol judge, she was a chart-topping performer who sold over 30 million records. She also won a Grammy, along with seven MTV Awards, two Emmy Awards, two People's Choice Awards, and two Kids Choice Awards. Not bad for an ex-cheerleader.
Paula proves that you don't have to win American Idol or have the "best voice in the world" to sell a lot of albums.
Now he seems to be backing off his bad boy image by hosting the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. Although, it's not like previous hosts of that show haven't had a dirtier side. Jack Black, for example, does some great kids stuff but his band Tenacious D is definitely not for kids.
To see Justin get slimed and screamed at by a crowd of pre-teens, the Kids Choice Awards air on March 31 at 8 pm on Nickelodeon.
Voting begins on March 6 at Nickelodeon's website. A few nominees in the television category are after the jump, or you can check out the full list (including movies) here. Let's just say it ain't the Oscars. And that's OK.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quotes of the Week From Scorpion, Revenge, The Nightly Show and More!
- Ray Donovan Admits Former ER Doc for Killer Season 3 Stint
- Outlander Sneak Peek: First Minute of Midseason Premiere Tells Jamie's Story
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- More From TVLine
- Blake Shelton Is a Hilarious Bachelor on 'SNL'
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- More From ET