July 29, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 31st 2010 10:55AM
Sad news coming out of the New Orleans set of the new HBO series 'Treme': writer and producer David Mills collapsed Tuesday on the set and later passed away at a local hospital. According to the Times-Picayune site, Mills had a brain aneurysm.
Mills was head writer and producer on the show, which is about how a group of people of New Orleans rebuild their lives after Hurricane Katrina. Mills won two Emmys for his writing and producing on the HBO miniseries 'The Corner' and wrote for several other shows as well, including 'ER,' 'Homicide: Life on the Street,' 'Kingpin,' 'NYPD Blue,' and was a story editor on the CBS drama 'Picket Fences.' He also wrote for several newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post.
'Treme' premieres on April 11.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Phaedra Parks Taking Time Off from Filming 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- [Video] 'Covert Affairs' Exclusive: Uncovering Secrets
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- More From BuddyTV
- Sex and the City's Ron Livingston Cast as Paul Revere in AMC Comedy Pilot
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actress in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- Ratings: Ninja Warrior Hits 2-Year High Vs. All-Time Low Bachelorette Finale
- Castle's Molly Quinn Talks Teary Finale, the Alexis-Kate Tension That Follows
- First Look: Hot in Cleveland's Elka Makes Like Wonka in Animated Outing
- More From TVLine
- Martha Stewart on Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Blog: 'I Mean, It's Stupid'
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett's Jazz Album Gets a Release Date
- What Baby Bump? Zoe Saldana Nude For Women's Health UK
- Ariana Grande On Her Late Grandpa and Falling Out of Touch With Her Dad
- 'Fifty Shades' Trailer Sets a 2014 Record
- More From ET