The Douglases, who have supported the nonprofit for decades, were joined at the event by LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and celebrities including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kim Kardashian, Blair Underwood and Zoe Saldana.
Organizers told the AP they served an estimated 3,000 lbs of turkey, 700 lbs of mashed potatoes, 800 lbs of green beans, 80 gallons of gravy and 600 pies. "What goes into this meal? A lot of love," Chef Dave Thomas told CBS Local News.
"She's gorgeous!" he said upon seeing Oscars co-host Anne Hathaway, "Where were you when I was making pictures?"
He then gave Hugh Jackman grief for laughing, saying that everyone in Australia seems to think he's funny. "Colin Firth is not laughing," he told Jackman. "He's British."
You gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. Me, I figured that there were three panels that could be put in what I call the "Comic-Con group": Spartacus on Starz, and Doctor Who and Being Human on BBC America. These shows got extensive showcases in San Diego over the weekend, and there wasn't many details revealed in any of these panels that you wouldn't have heard over the din at SDCC. So I'm going to go over the three of them in brief after the jump.
Let me give you a good teaser: If you were on the fence about seeing Spartacus, the prospect of a naked Lucy Lawless may convince you.
TV fans are probably already aware that veteran journalist Mike Wallace had a television career long before 60 Minutes. Twilight Zone fans have probably seen the famous one-on-one interview with Rod Serling he did before the classic sci-fi show premiered (available on one of the Twilight Zone DVDs) on his Mike Wallace Interview show. Now several other interviews from that series have been archived online for everyone to see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Josh Groban on his Nerd Bond with Girlfriend Kat Dennings: We Talk About Monty Python
- Katy Perry Says She Hasn't Heard from Russell Brand Since He Texted About Divorcing
- 'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield is 'Checking in' to 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- ET's Summer Reading List! 'The Girl on the Train,' 'Selfish' and Other Great Books!
- More From ET