The Douglases, who have supported the nonprofit for decades, were joined at the event by LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and celebrities including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kim Kardashian, Blair Underwood and Zoe Saldana.
Organizers told the AP they served an estimated 3,000 lbs of turkey, 700 lbs of mashed potatoes, 800 lbs of green beans, 80 gallons of gravy and 600 pies. "What goes into this meal? A lot of love," Chef Dave Thomas told CBS Local News.
"She's gorgeous!" he said upon seeing Oscars co-host Anne Hathaway, "Where were you when I was making pictures?"
He then gave Hugh Jackman grief for laughing, saying that everyone in Australia seems to think he's funny. "Colin Firth is not laughing," he told Jackman. "He's British."
You gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. Me, I figured that there were three panels that could be put in what I call the "Comic-Con group": Spartacus on Starz, and Doctor Who and Being Human on BBC America. These shows got extensive showcases in San Diego over the weekend, and there wasn't many details revealed in any of these panels that you wouldn't have heard over the din at SDCC. So I'm going to go over the three of them in brief after the jump.
Let me give you a good teaser: If you were on the fence about seeing Spartacus, the prospect of a naked Lucy Lawless may convince you.
TV fans are probably already aware that veteran journalist Mike Wallace had a television career long before 60 Minutes. Twilight Zone fans have probably seen the famous one-on-one interview with Rod Serling he did before the classic sci-fi show premiered (available on one of the Twilight Zone DVDs) on his Mike Wallace Interview show. Now several other interviews from that series have been archived online for everyone to see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Killer ABC Promo: Ellen Pompeo and Kerry Washington Welcome Viola Davis to 'Shondaland Thursday'
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET