As host of Travel Channel's 'No Reservations,' we've seen Tony eat anything and everything on his culinary adventures -- and, at least once an episode, we're also treated to his usually curse-laced rants. Consider it the sparkly candle on top of an already amazing Kwanzaa cake. (More on that in a bit ...)
We caught up with the globetrotting foodie -- who'll have Bill Murray on the show's Hudson Valley episode tonight (Mon., Feb. 8, 10PM ET) -- to hear more about his biggest food loves, his problems with Bradley Cooper and why a simple 'Semi-Homemade' cake on TV haunts his dreams.
Personally, I wouldn't bleach my hair and wear those shorts, but come on, is it really worth bad mouthing his hosting and cooking? I love Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and Ultimate Recipe Showdown!
Update: it's actually Chang who made the remarks, but Bourdain doesn't like Fieri either.
Our friends over at Gadling.com have an interview with Bourdain. Justin asks him about his early experiences traveling overseas, the one time he ate street food that forced him to go to the doctor, and where the show will take him this season (and how he chooses where to go).
The new season of No Reservations starts at 10pm tonight on The Travel Channel.
So that Kitchen Confidential thing didn't quite work out.
And Sydney Bristow has retired from the spy business.
So what's a former Alias regular and erstwhile competitive (TV) chef to do? Get a Nip/Tuck, of course.
According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, Bradley Cooper will appear in five episodes of the fifth season of the FX plastic surgery drama. "What I can tell you," Ausiello wrote, "is that Cooper will not be a love interest for anyone, male or female."
Well that's a shame.
We'll contact the winners later in the week. Good luck!
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- 24 - Slim sets for seasons 1-4.
- Airwolf - Season 3
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 2: Earth, Vol. 3
- Kitchen Confidential - Complete Series
- The Magnificent Seven - Season 2
- Mythbusters - Collection 1
- The O.C. - Season 4
- Roots - 30th Anniversary Edition
- Scrubs - Season 5
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 1, Vol. 1
For our next giveaway, we're giving out five copies of the Kitchen Confidential Complete Series DVD set! We'll give one copy away to five randomly chosen commenters to this post. Just post a comment below stating your favorite episode of the entire series. We'll randomly choose five winning entries from all eligible comments.
Some basic rules and clarifications:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what your favorite restaurant from a television show is. What restaurant you mention makes absolutely no difference, as long as it's one featured on TV.
- The comment must be left before May 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You can only enter once.
- The winning entry will be chosen completely at random.
And now we present you with the legalities of the contest. (Read them. Please.)
Last week I gave you a pretty big list of popular "drinkeries" from TV, but I think where I went wrong was trying too hard to list every watering hole possible. Since I'm covering eateries this week, I'm certain I'll miss some of your favorites, but I'm going to list what I believe to be the most popular dining spots from television, both past and present. And since there are way too many real spots on TV to mention (Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Stadium, etc.), I'll stick with fictional spots, even if they're based on real ones.
This time let's go with 14 of them.
1) Arnold's/Al's Drive-In (Happy Days) -- I struggled for a bit with what I would call the number one eatery on TV, but I kept coming back to this spot. Arnold's/Al's was in nearly every episode as far as I can recall, and of course housed The Fonz's office. After it burned down, the signage changed to Al's.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 11?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Interviews: Executive Producers Tease New Faces and Challenges in Season 2
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.11 Photos: Winter Comes Early to Chester's Mill
- More From BuddyTV
- How Is The Leftovers' Kevin Hangin'? Is Arrow Wild About Warblers? Is Liars Timeline Pretty Crazy? And More TV Qs
- Chad Michael Murray, Dollhouse Fave Join Cast of Marvel's Agent Carter
- Arrow's Crazy No. 1 Fan Is... Sam and Dean Winchester's Mom?
- Teen Wolf's New Recruit Outlines Brett's Loyalty, Ponders Mason's Crush
- Baby Daddy Casts Days' Matt Cedeno as [Spoiler]'s Sleazy New Man
- More From TVLine