(10PM, MTV) series premiere
Hmmm, we really liked this series the first time MTV did it ... when it was called 'Making the Band.'
OK, OK, this show's a little different; now, instead of the focus being on one group of would-be boy band-ers, the competition finds 12 groups duking it out for a $100,000 prize as they try to prove they're the next big singing and dancing pop wonders.
And speaking of wannabes, after hosting 'Extra,' 'America's Best Dance Crew' and any every beauty pageant on the planet, Mario Lopez performs hosting duties yet again, in what we can only assume is part of his master plan to become the next Ryan Seacrest.
(10PM, ABC, CBS, NBC)
Now that both major party presidential contenders and their potential veeps are set ... it's on like Donkey Kong, as Peyton Manning says in that Oreo commercial we love.
But first, John McCain has to make it official tonight, as he accepts the Republican party bid for himself and his Tina Fey-lookalike running mate Sarah Palin.
McCain's speech wraps up the RNC in St. Paul, meaning both Team Obama/Biden and Team McCain/Palin can now focus all their energies on the two-month race to the White House. May the best men -- or co-ed team -- win.
Reality TV, like it or not, is definitely a major part of TV today all around the world. A lot of the U.S. reality shows originated in other countries, while some U.S. shows made their way around the world. In Canada, we have our own version of American Idol and America's Next Top Model, for example. In Quebec, there is a singing competition, Star Académie, not unlike Idol and a Big Brother-like show too and some U.S. reality shows are dubbed. That got me thinking, what are the reality shows that are watched elsewhere around the globe?
This is the "hair version" of Kitchen Nightmares. The press release goes on to say that her comments are mean and jarring. The salon owners and employees probably won't like her at first. But they'll realize that it's her passion and intensity that "drives her sincere quest to turn these salons around." After one week with Coffey, who started as a salon assistant when she was 14-years-old, we'll see dramatic results. Coffey will also recommend people to be fired and tell some of the better stylists that they should raise their rates. Kitchen Nightmares, right? I'm not saying I wouldn't give this a try though. I like Kitchen Nightmares.
Tabatha's Salon Takeover premieres Thursday August 21st at 10 p.m. ET on Bravo.
Returning: The Moment of Truth, So You Think You Can Dance, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, American Idol, America's Most Wanted, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, Bones, Cops, Don't Forget the Lyrics!, Hell's Kitchen, House, King of the Hill, Kitchen Nightmares, MADtv, The Moment of Truth, Prison Break, Talkshow with Spike Feresten, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death
Out: Back To You, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, Nashville, New Amsterdam, Next Great American Band, Return of Jezebel James, Unhitched
New: Sit Down, Shut Up; The Cleveland Show; Dollhouse (Midseason); Fringe; Do Not Disturb (formerly The Inn); Secret Millionaire (Midseason)
Schedule and detailed descriptions of the new shows after the jump.
I didn't know much about chef Gordon Ramsay and his TV work until I had the chance to watch the latest season of Hell's Kitchen over the summer. Even if I'm not the greatest cook around, I did enjoy the series and its colorful chef. Having been entertained by Ramsay's
Looks like FOX likes food, reality shows, and people who swear a lot.
The network has ordered another season of the Gordon Ramsay restaurant show Kitchen Nightmares. The show is in its first season right now, and is actually doing rather well considering it has been up against the hype of the new Bionic Woman, Criminal Minds, and the Grey's Anatomy spinoff Private Practice. This means we'll see a lot of Ramsay on FOX in the future, since Hell's Kitchen is on the network and does well in the ratings too.
Even though ABC won the first Wednesday battle of the new season with their lineup of Dancing with the Stars, Grey's Anatomy spinoff Private Practice, and Dirty Sexy Money, NBC's Bionic Woman took a little bite out of the celebration.
The debut of the NBC remake actually gained viewers throughout the 9pm hour while Private Practice lost some, though it was a battle. Overall, NBC was second on the night with Deal or No Deal, Bionic Woman, and Life (which lost a lot of viewers halfway through). CBS was third with a new Kid Nation and the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY. FOX was fourth with new eps of Back To You, 'Til Death, and Kitchen Nightmares. Bringing up the rear as usual was The CW, with new episodes of America's Next Top Model and Gossip Girl.
Click the link above for all the hour by hour numbers and stats by demographic.
And you thought Monday and Tuesday were jam-packed with premieres and new episodes...
- At 8, ABC has a new Dancing with the Stars, followed by the series premieres of Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money.
- CBS has a new Kid Nation at 8, then the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, then the series premieres of Bionic Woman and Life.
- FOX has a new Back To You at 8, then new episodes of 'Til Death and Kitchen Nightmares.
- There's a new installment of The War on PBS at 8.
- The CW has a new America's Next Top Model at 8, then a new Gossip Girl.
- Also at 8: G4 has a new X-Play, followed by a new Code Monkeys.
- At 9, MSNBC has a Democratic Debate from New Hampshire.
- History Channel has a new Lost Worlds at 9.
- Sci-Fi has a new Ghost Hunters at 9.
- At 10, Bravo has a new Top Chef.
- Also at 10: TCM has a Harold Lloyd comedy, The Freshman.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Note that this schedule only lists shows beginning in September.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Major Crimes Boss Talks of TNT's Faith, 'Slithery' Stroh's Return, Spin-Off Fate
- ABC Cancels John Stamos-Led Members Only Drama Before Premiere
- Scoop: Craig Robinson's NBC Comedy Adds Greek Grad Spencer Grammer and A to Z's Lenora Crichlow
- Quotes of the Week From HTGAWM, Marry Me, Family Guy and More
- Jane the Virgin Preview: Michael's Heartache, Petra the Kidnapper & More
- More From TVLine
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- 'SNL' Makes Cameron Diaz a 'Back Home Baller' and Brings Back 'Schoolhouse Rock'
- 5 Seconds of Summer Announces New Live Album
- Nene Leakes Uses Cinderella Costume to Spoof Kim Kardashian
- More From ET