(10PM, MTV) series premiere
Hmmm, we really liked this series the first time MTV did it ... when it was called 'Making the Band.'
OK, OK, this show's a little different; now, instead of the focus being on one group of would-be boy band-ers, the competition finds 12 groups duking it out for a $100,000 prize as they try to prove they're the next big singing and dancing pop wonders.
And speaking of wannabes, after hosting 'Extra,' 'America's Best Dance Crew' and any every beauty pageant on the planet, Mario Lopez performs hosting duties yet again, in what we can only assume is part of his master plan to become the next Ryan Seacrest.
(10PM, ABC, CBS, NBC)
Now that both major party presidential contenders and their potential veeps are set ... it's on like Donkey Kong, as Peyton Manning says in that Oreo commercial we love.
But first, John McCain has to make it official tonight, as he accepts the Republican party bid for himself and his Tina Fey-lookalike running mate Sarah Palin.
McCain's speech wraps up the RNC in St. Paul, meaning both Team Obama/Biden and Team McCain/Palin can now focus all their energies on the two-month race to the White House. May the best men -- or co-ed team -- win.
Reality TV, like it or not, is definitely a major part of TV today all around the world. A lot of the U.S. reality shows originated in other countries, while some U.S. shows made their way around the world. In Canada, we have our own version of American Idol and America's Next Top Model, for example. In Quebec, there is a singing competition, Star Académie, not unlike Idol and a Big Brother-like show too and some U.S. reality shows are dubbed. That got me thinking, what are the reality shows that are watched elsewhere around the globe?
This is the "hair version" of Kitchen Nightmares. The press release goes on to say that her comments are mean and jarring. The salon owners and employees probably won't like her at first. But they'll realize that it's her passion and intensity that "drives her sincere quest to turn these salons around." After one week with Coffey, who started as a salon assistant when she was 14-years-old, we'll see dramatic results. Coffey will also recommend people to be fired and tell some of the better stylists that they should raise their rates. Kitchen Nightmares, right? I'm not saying I wouldn't give this a try though. I like Kitchen Nightmares.
Tabatha's Salon Takeover premieres Thursday August 21st at 10 p.m. ET on Bravo.
Returning: The Moment of Truth, So You Think You Can Dance, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, American Idol, America's Most Wanted, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, Bones, Cops, Don't Forget the Lyrics!, Hell's Kitchen, House, King of the Hill, Kitchen Nightmares, MADtv, The Moment of Truth, Prison Break, Talkshow with Spike Feresten, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death
Out: Back To You, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, Nashville, New Amsterdam, Next Great American Band, Return of Jezebel James, Unhitched
New: Sit Down, Shut Up; The Cleveland Show; Dollhouse (Midseason); Fringe; Do Not Disturb (formerly The Inn); Secret Millionaire (Midseason)
Schedule and detailed descriptions of the new shows after the jump.
I didn't know much about chef Gordon Ramsay and his TV work until I had the chance to watch the latest season of Hell's Kitchen over the summer. Even if I'm not the greatest cook around, I did enjoy the series and its colorful chef. Having been entertained by Ramsay's
Looks like FOX likes food, reality shows, and people who swear a lot.
The network has ordered another season of the Gordon Ramsay restaurant show Kitchen Nightmares. The show is in its first season right now, and is actually doing rather well considering it has been up against the hype of the new Bionic Woman, Criminal Minds, and the Grey's Anatomy spinoff Private Practice. This means we'll see a lot of Ramsay on FOX in the future, since Hell's Kitchen is on the network and does well in the ratings too.
Even though ABC won the first Wednesday battle of the new season with their lineup of Dancing with the Stars, Grey's Anatomy spinoff Private Practice, and Dirty Sexy Money, NBC's Bionic Woman took a little bite out of the celebration.
The debut of the NBC remake actually gained viewers throughout the 9pm hour while Private Practice lost some, though it was a battle. Overall, NBC was second on the night with Deal or No Deal, Bionic Woman, and Life (which lost a lot of viewers halfway through). CBS was third with a new Kid Nation and the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY. FOX was fourth with new eps of Back To You, 'Til Death, and Kitchen Nightmares. Bringing up the rear as usual was The CW, with new episodes of America's Next Top Model and Gossip Girl.
Click the link above for all the hour by hour numbers and stats by demographic.
And you thought Monday and Tuesday were jam-packed with premieres and new episodes...
- At 8, ABC has a new Dancing with the Stars, followed by the series premieres of Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money.
- CBS has a new Kid Nation at 8, then the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, then the series premieres of Bionic Woman and Life.
- FOX has a new Back To You at 8, then new episodes of 'Til Death and Kitchen Nightmares.
- There's a new installment of The War on PBS at 8.
- The CW has a new America's Next Top Model at 8, then a new Gossip Girl.
- Also at 8: G4 has a new X-Play, followed by a new Code Monkeys.
- At 9, MSNBC has a Democratic Debate from New Hampshire.
- History Channel has a new Lost Worlds at 9.
- Sci-Fi has a new Ghost Hunters at 9.
- At 10, Bravo has a new Top Chef.
- Also at 10: TCM has a Harold Lloyd comedy, The Freshman.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Note that this schedule only lists shows beginning in September.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Alcide Herveaux
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- More From BuddyTV
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Full winners list
- Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night: John Fogerty highlights a star-studded music fest
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Chris Brown performs 'Fine China,' is a train wreck
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift gives Martin Scorsese style performance
- Justin Bieber performs 'Take You' At Billboard Music Awards 2013
- More From Zap2it
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch this Weekend: The Simpsons and 4 Other Finales, a Mad Man's Surprise and More
- More From TVLine