Bart: Hey guys, just so you don't hear any wild rumors, I'm being indicted for fraud in Australia.
Homer: That's no reason to block the TV.
We get a rather dubious science lesson at the beginning of this episode when Lisa explains to Bart that the water in the sink and toilet always spins in the same direction due to the Coriolis effect. Usually the writers try to be scientifically accurate, but in this case they had to jump on the "water always flows one way in one hemisphere and the opposite direction in the other" bandwagon, or else Bart never would never have called Australia to see which way their toilet drains, and we wouldn't have ourselves one of those "Simpsons go abroad" episodes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is The Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Yvonne Strahovski in Amazon Pilot, New Arrow Foe and More
- Fall TV First Impression: Limitless
- Did True Detective Evoke Alias? Can GH's Luke Stay Gone? Is Hannibal Doc Dead? Risky Robot? And More TV Qs
- Friday Night Lights' Kyle Chandler Resurrects Coach Taylor on the Big Screen — Watch LOL Video
- Antonio Banderas to Star in Starz Detective Drama Havana Quartet
- More From TVLine
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Spends His 68th Birthday With Maria Shriver
- James Woods Sues Twitter User for $10 Million Over 'Cocaine Addict' Tweet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Amazing Bikini Body Tops Amy Schumer's Human Pyramid!
- EXCLUSIVE: These 'How to Get Away With Murder' Bloopers Are to Die For!
- Johnny Depp Will Creep You Out in New 'Black Mass' Trailer
- More From ET