September 4, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 7th 2010 4:23AM
(S01E06) "Wow, Crosby, you're a dad." - Zeek, after hearing about Crosby's son for the first time
I'll admit it. 'Parenthood' has been a hard show to read. It tries very hard to connect the audience with the human drama of the American family, but at the same time, it expects you to understand and appreciate every problem they come across.
It drags you through their cornfield of sadness and expects you to come out feeling as happy and reserved as the characters do in the end. It makes me wish life actually worked this way. Then it just makes me angrier.
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 17th 2010 9:00AM
(S01E03) "You know Crosby, however hard you think it is having a kid, just double it." - Adam to Crosby as Crosby cleans kid puke out of his car
This week, things have slowed down a bit, compared to the land speed record that last week's episode achieved. And the show has started to grow on me a little bit.
It scored some great moments of sentiment and honest drama that were endearing and drew me a little closer to the characters, but it's still lacking in that other, all important area of the dramedy: the comedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Game of Thrones Adds Freddie Stroma to Season 6 as [Spoiler]'s Sibling
- Scott Porter Joins Robert Kirkman's Exorcism Drama Outcast
- Hand of God: Is Amazon's Newest Drama Heaven or Hell?
- Gotham Deleted Scene: Gordon Gets a Peek at His and Harvey Dent's Future
- You're the Worst Boss on Jimmy and Gretchen's 'Dark' Turn, a 'Gross' Coupling & Sunday Funday Part Two
- More From TVLine
- Blake Lively Reveals the Trainer That Helped Her With Her Cellulite
- Janet Jackson Unveils 'Unbreakable' Title Track: Listen
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Seen Smiling After Family Counseling
- Tom Brady's Ex Bridget Moynahan Congratulates Him on Deflategate Win
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- More From ET