"I'm sorry Harriet, I'm having trouble paying attention to you because the woman I love is so sick."
"Well then, I know what'll cheer you up! Watch as I make this rare Siberian white tiger disappear!"
It was our good luck, though, that other than the small, usual failing of Studio 60 (ahemHarrietahem), we were treated to one its best episodes yet.
(S06E22) This episode kicks off, as so many do, with an episode of the Krusty the Clown Show. It seems Krusty got into some hot water with a sexual harassment lawsuit, so his special guest that day is a woman named Officer No Means No. Meanwhile, Bart enjoys his breakfast of Krusty-Os, which contain a special prize inside: one jagged metal Krusty-O.
Bart swallows the jagged O unknowingly, and begins to feel the effects while in class. He begs Ms. Krabappel to let him see the nurse, but she thinks he's faking. Bart tries to persuade her by insisting that if he dies, she'll get in trouble, but according to the school charter, "No teacher shall be held accountable if Bart Simpson dies." Bart is forced to finish his test, and finally Ms. Krabappel let's him see the nurse, who also happens to be Lunch Lady Doris due to budget cuts.
(S06E15) This episode opens with Krusty the Clown's signature bicycle trick in which he rides in a loop and swallows the tiny bike in the end. The kids go crazy for the stunt, but Krusty has other things on his mind, like spending all the money he's making. He tells his assistants to hire Kenny G to play for him in the elevator, to put flowers on Bea Arthur's grave (he doesn't know she's not dead) and to purchase him a new house since his old one is dirty.
His MC Hammer-style of spending money concerns his accountant, who tells Krusty he's broke. The only way for Krusty to make money again is to open a clown college that will train men to pretend to be Krusty and appear at parties and openings the real Krusty wants nothing to do with.
Cut to Homer driving down the highway, excited that it's the first of the month and the new billboards are finally on display. Ever the obedient consumer, Homer obeys every billboard he reads because they each have to do with food. He ignores Krusty's clown college billboard, however, because, "you can't eat that."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine