September 23, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 20th 2006 12:04PM
The second season of the History Channel series Shootout! kicks off on November 3. The series examines famous gun battles from history, as well as recent battles waged in Iraq. Reality game company Kuma Games, a site that recreates gun battles will launch online games simultaneously to match the Shootout! episodes when they air. I'm not exactly sure what the point is supposed to be, other than a gimmick to get people to watch the series. The idea of turning these real battles into a game seems more than a little tacky, and I'm not sure I see the educational value in it. If the idea is that the games somehow allow you to relive the battle, I don't buy it. No matter how "real" you try to make it, there's no more of an emotional connection tied to these games then there is to something like Doom or Tomb Raider. The idea that these are somehow educational is more than a little foolish. I've placed a trailer after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Faking It' Season 2 Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Shocking and Emotional Moments from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale: 22 Shocking Moments from 'Go Now'
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- More From BuddyTV
- Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman Praises Her Mindy Project Arc: 'This Is Funny Stuff'
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Bang Still Very Big, Voice Drops
- Scandal Video: Would Fitz Risk It All For 'One Woman'? (Spoiler: Yes!)
- New Girl Photos: Jess Gets a Glance at Her New Man's, Er, Shortcomings
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- More From TVLine
- Ellen DeGeneres Shows Up In Matthew McConaughey's Car Commercial
- Brooding Britney? Hear Blood Orange's Leaked 'Britney Jean' Demos
- Is the 3-Breasted Woman Lying About Third Boob Surgery?
- Sofia Vergara and Jimmy Fallon Trade Lips, The Results Are Terrifying!
- You Can't Miss Season 2 of MTV's 'Faking it', and Here's Why...
- More From ET