Smits, who came to prominence in the '80s as one of an office full of hunky lawyers on 'LA Law,' is back with a new legal drama -- this time, NBC's untitled drama pilot from Conan O'Brien's production firm, Conaco, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Smits will star as a "by-the-book" Supreme Court justice who excuses himself from the bench to go into private practice and fight constitutional injustices. The NBC pilot is co-produced by John Eisendrath, who produced such hits as 'Beverly Hills, 90210' and 'Felicity.'
It's a great idea, though I don't understand why they call the list "cult TV" when it has shows on it like L.A. Law and Eight is Enough. Some good choices here though. I would have chosen Ed, Private Eye, Something So Right, Shannon's Deal. A lot of shows that I never thought would be released on DVD are now getting released, so every year my dream list gets smaller and smaller.
For example, fans of NCIS will know Nina Foch (right) from her role as Ducky's mother on the show. But did you know she also starred in several vintage horror movies back as early as the early 40s, such as Return of the Vampire and Cry of the Werewolf? She also had the honor of being the very first murder victim on Columbo, in 1968's Prescription: Murder (done in by hubby Gene Barry). She also appeared in several other TV shows, such as Bull, Just Shoot Me, Dharma & Greg, Murder She Wrote, L.A. Law, Hunter, Lou Grant, Barnaby Jones, Hawaii Five-0, That Girl, and a ton of others. She appeared in Spartacus, The Ten Commandments, An American in Paris and others. She was even the associate director on The Diary of Anne Frank.
Foch passed away in Los Angeles on Friday at age 84.
Are audiences really clamoring for more of this stuff? I know I'm not, and I don't know anyone else who is! Seriously, this is not reality TV. There's nothing real about it except that they're using their real names. (Yes, those are their real names!)
Playing the mysterious Simon Elder on ABC's Dirty Sexy Money -- not to mention past screen-steamers like Jonathan Rollins on L.A. Law, Miranda's boyfriend Dr. Robert on Sex and the City and New Adventures of Old Christine's hunky teacher Mr. Harris -- it's no wonder Underwood ranks so high on the TV's 50 Hottest TV Hunks -- Ever countdown over at AOL Television.
Underwood dished to us about his love for Donald Trump's reality TV show, his Barack Obama connection and what kind of trouble is coming up on Dirty Sexy Money.
The producer/writer is now pitching a new legal drama series to the networks. CBS and NBC are particularly interested. No word on whether or not ABC is interested in the new show, which would be odd since they've had some success with one of Kelley's other legal shows, Boston Legal, which is ending after this season.
To refresh your memory, here are the other legal shows that Kelley has created, written, and/or produced over the years: Ally McBeal, The Practice, The Law Firm, Girls Club, and L.A. Law. Actually, even some of his non-law shows have had strong law elements, including Picket Fences.
Kelley was working on the American version of Life On Mars, which premieres on ABC later this month, but left after the pilot. The show is getting good buzz so far.
- George Furth: He was a veteran character actor who appeared in tons of TV shows over the years, including L.A. Law, All in the Family, Murder, She Wrote, Happy Days, The Odd Couple, Bonanza, Green Acres, Adam-12, Night Gallery, I Dream of Jeannie, The Monkees, The Good Guys, That Girl, Batman, F Troop, McHale's Navy, The Defenders, The Nanny, and Wings, as well as movies such as Blazing Saddles, Shampoo, Airport '77, The Boston Strangler, Bulworth, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. He was also an acclaimed playwright, writing the play Twigs and collaborating with Stephen Sondheim on Company, Merrily We Roll Along, and Getting Away with Murder. He died at age 75.
Overall, this was a particularly interesting episode because it seemed to lay the groundwork for where Eli Stone is going. Since it's likely that the show is going to be renewed -- deservedly so -- the prospect of Eli getting that surgery which may correct the aneurysm that's causing his visions, may not be happening after all.
(S01E06) The secret is out. After hiding his condition from his boss, colleagues and clients for two months Eli Stone has finally come clean. Now, the world (or at least San Francisco) knows. Reaction is mixed. Some, like Eli's ex-fiancee and his brother, are glad that it's all out in the open now.
His colleagues' reaction? We know at least one person's opinion --more on that later. As for his boss and mentor, Jordan Whethersby...well, needless to say there's an extreme cold front coming between him and Eli. But, we'll discuss that in detail after the jump. For now, let's talk about Eli's decision to fess up.
I think most readers are going to be stunned that this guy was still alive in 2007.
Lane was one of the most famous character actors in TV history, appearing on such programs as Petticoat Junction (where he was a regular), I Love Lucy, Dark Shadows, L.A. Law, St. Elsewhere, Little House on the Prairie, The Odd Couple, and...oh, way too many to list here. He was also in the films It's A Wonderful Life, The Road To Singapore, 42nd Street, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and many others. His career spanned over 60 years, his last role as the narrator in the short film The Night Before Christmas in 2006.
Lane passed away quietly on Tuesday in Santa Monica, CA.
It's actually a well-designed site, with tons of posts, categories, and photos. Check out his Movie Smackdown contest.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 11 Most Gut-Wrenching Cases
- More From BuddyTV
- Daredevil on Netflix: Matt Murdock's Official Character Poster Unveiled
- Pilot Scoop: Community's Danny Pudi to Headline NBC Comedy Strange Calls
- Supergirl Scoop: Grey's Anatomy Vet Chyler Leigh Cast as Kara's Sis
- Pilot Scoop: Joan Allen Joins ABC Thriller From Scandal/Grey's Vet
- Revenge Photos: Is a Victoria-David Reunion on the Horizon?
- More From TVLine
- Shailene Woodley Poses Topless for 'Glamour UK,' Talks ‘Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- Beyonce Reveals Her Queen B Workout Routine
- This Groom Paused During His Wedding to Say Vows to His Bride's Daughter and It Was Truly Beautiful
- Are Reality Shows Safe For Kids?
- More From ET