Find out what Wolf said and what's in store for next season on NBC and Bravo after the jump...
The finale crowned a female and a male champion who each won $100,000, a car, and a position as one of the gladiators in the series' second season.
No word yet on when the new season will begin (this debut season is a short one wrapping next month) or how many episodes have been ordered, but this means it's not too late for me to try out to be on the show. Or better yet, if I start working out now, maybe I can be the thirteenth Gladiator. My Gladiator name will be Pudge, and luckily the giant cotton swab is already my weapon of choice in melee combat.
A gig on a show that counts itself as two of the top ten most watched programs every week certainly offers ample opportunities. But, like KISS said, there are two sides of the coin to choose from. So... after the jump, a look at those celebrities that have been somewhat less successful after their time in the ballroom.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- So, Floyd is gone on Dancing with the Stars. And I'm pondering milk mustaches.
- Heidi Montag of The Hills swears that her website was hacked and she wasn't the one who posted that blog on Monday taking credit for the "tape" rumor about Lauren. Hmm.
(S04E19) After ten weeks, nineteen episodes, and an uncountable number of teases about results coming after the break, it all came down to tonight. As we have come to expect from the finale, ABC pulled out all the stops, bringing back all of the contestants, the pros, and the past champions. Also expected, they allotted an hour more airtime than they really needed, which led to a night that was heavy with pre-taped packages.
With only three teams left, and the big disco ball on the line, each team has three performances to do this week. One is held off for the results show, but tonight we got to see each of them in the Judge's Choice round, and the much anticipated Freestyle. Let's get to it.
(S04E17) This week's elimination wasn't exactly shocking, but there was a lot of suspense leading up to the final announcement. There was also a ton of filler, and not the entertaining Kenny Mayne-style filler. In the recap of Monday's performances, we learned that Julianne snorts when she laughs, which only makes her more adorable.
(S04E16) We've reached the (thankfully) Cyrus-free semifinals, and it looks like tomorrow's elimination will be a nail-biter. There was absolutely no dead weight on the dance floor, a fact that made for an exciting evening of performances. There were perfect scores, pelvic thrusts, and the phrase "Yours is bigger." What's not to like?
Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough (Quickstep) - This week the contestants got to pick their favorite Ballroom and Latin dance styles. For the Ballroom round, Apolo and Julianne chose the Quickstep. Revealing his competitive spirit, Apolo set quite a few goals for himself. He wanted tens for his Ballroom round, and he wanted perfect scores for both dances.
The results show has always had to fight the problem that they only have about two minutes of actual results for their 60 minute show. Right now, it's as good as it has ever been. It's always going to be behind the performance show, because the star's performances are what it's all about, but the producers deserve credit for how much work is going into the results show. Enough about that though, we have results to get to.
According to the article at contactmusic.com, Oscar has said that once he retires from boxing he will do Dancing With The Stars. That would make him the third professional boxer to enter the competition, following Evander Holyfield and Laila Ali. I think it would be a great bit of casting for the show. Oscar has a huge following, and while I have never seen him do the foxtrot, I'm reasonably confident that he would be successful making the transition to dancer.
(S04E14) Which one of these doesn't belong? As is par for the course on Dancing With The Stars, somebody always gets through on the power of the fan vote, surpassing contestants that are superior dancers. This year, that somebody is Billy Ray Cyrus. We could argue all day about whether or not Billy Ray should still be on the show, but one thing is for sure, while he is here, he makes things interesting. Read on to hear about the latest dustup.
(S04E13) This week's elimination wasn't exactly surprising, but the entertainment value of the results show made up for it. I wish that ABC had made DanceCenter a regular part of the elimination episodes instead of the Jimmy Kimmel segments. Nothing against Guillermo, but Kenny Mayne grilling Len Goodman is just good TV.
The judges chose the encore performance by a coin toss, but they would have picked a winner either way. Laila and Maksim won out over Joey and Kym, and their Samba was as hot as ever. I initially thought the judges were going to let both couples perform, since the results shows are normally so padded. This week, however, there were some amazing and hilarious segments.
It's a good point, and something that seems to happen every season. For whatever reason, the judges get a burr under their saddle and just go after one of the better contestants, while soft-pedaling some of the lesser routines. His best course of action is to move along and know that he's in good company.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- ?Heroes Reborn?: The 15 Most Exciting Quotes from 'The Needs of the Many'
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of ?Crew?s All In'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 20 Moments of a Post-Elena Life from the Season 7 Premiere
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time: Hook's Dad Is Coming — and a 'Rumbelle' Baby?
- Teen Wolf Season 5B Trailer: Argent Returns, Stiles Fights Scott and More
- New American Gothic Series From Steven Spielberg Ordered at CBS
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper Returns to Limitless, Ninja Spinoff and More
- HTGAWM EP on 'Shooting Night' Theories, Annalise/Wes Flirtation, Asher's Secret ('It's Bad')
- More From TVLine
- Nick Gordon Accused of Injecting Bobbi Kristina Brown With 'a Toxic Mixture,' According to New Court Doc Allegations
- Demi Lovato Fights Michelle Rodriguez in New Music Video for 'Confident'
- Fetty Wap Cancels Tour Dates, Gives Health Update After Motorcycle Accident
- Natalie Dormer Has a Very Classy Response When Asked About Looking Like Kermit the Frog's New Girlfriend
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Zach Gilford and Wife, Kiele Sanchez, Suffer Late-Term Miscarriage
- More From ET