According to Entertainment Weekly, Emmy-winner Kristin Chenoweth will perform live during the June 10 finale. The singing competition series comes from 'American Idol' and 'So You Think You Can Dance' producer Nigel Lythgoe and his son Simon.
"Unlike other talent shows, we will continue to push for the entire package," Nigel Lythgoe told EW. "We were so thrilled to see the talent on the first season really step up and tackle each week's challenges. We can't wait to see just how far the finalists on season two are willing to go for the chance at superstardom."
Look for the new season of 'CMT's Next Superstar' to debut either later this year or in 2012.
In other TV news ...
"There was EPO. There was testosterone. And I did see a transfusion," Hamilton said, before clarifying it as "A blood transfusion." Transfusing, or blood doping, was used more before the performance-enhancing drug EPO came into vogue.
When asked how Armstrong could get away with being "a cheat and a liar," Hamilton replied simply: "There's a lot of other cheats and liars out there, too, who've gotten away with it. It's not just Lance."
Today, NBC wanted to know my reality series viewing habits as well as if I would watch Livestrong With Lance Armstrong, a serialized inspirational series hosted by Lance Armstrong.
(S02E14) If you had to have just one takeaway point from this particular episode, it would be that Randy Hickey, of all people, is a studmuffin!
Thankfully, this episode again featured Earl crossing an item off his list. Although we've seen this season expanded storylines and not a total reliance of the "formula" of the first season, I think the show is much better when the story has something to do with Earl's list. Let's remember that the premise of the show is Earl making amends for his past wrongs and his good fortune allows him to do this.
Did anyone else think of Zinedane Zidane when Pierre walked into the Crab Shack and headbutted Earl right to the floor? There was another brilliant French sporting reference later on when Lance Armstrong's name was mentioned and Pierre went into a tirade--but in French.
Before I list the winners, I just have to say that it's funny how kids can humble you. We like to stick our noses in the air about 'quality' television shows and actors, but kids just like what they like. Here are some of the winners:
It was announced today that Lance Armstrong will host the 2006 ESPY Awards on ESPN.
Armstrong will be the first athlete to host the awards ceremony. Past hosts include Dennis Miller, Tony Danza, and Jimmy Smits. Being the athlete that he is earned him an ESPY in 2000 for Best Comeback Athlete of the Year after recovering from testicular cancer. Armstrong won a record seven straight Tour de France races and retired after last year's race. It's safe to say that he'll be an obvious choice for Male Athlete of the Year this year. The show airs on ESPN on July 16 and will benefit The Lance Armstrong Foundation.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 6 Take on Country and Rock
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- More From BuddyTV
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- Exclusive Simpsons Promo: Homer Falls to Pieces in Special LEGO Episode
- What's Next For MTV's Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a 'Lesbian Sherpa'
- Pilot News: Meg Ryan to Narrate HIMYM Spin-Off How I Met Your Dad
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will King Horik Turn Floki Against Ragnar?
- More From TVLine
- Warm-Weather Looks Inspired by H'Wood Fashion Icons
- Watch Paul Walker's Unseen 'Brick Mansions' Fight Training Tapes (video)
- Exclusive: Casting the Ultimate Beauty for the Perfect 'Machine' (video)
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Heels & Glitter at Broadway Opening of 'Hedwig'
- Jodie Foster Marries Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- More From ET