I went to Universal Studios in Hollywood on Saturday for the revealing of The Simpsons Ride. Celebs walked the "yellow" carpet. The mayor welcomed the crowds and led the countdown. A human cannonball was shot into the air. And a yellow sheet dropped to reveal a 32-foot Krusty the Clown face at the entrance to the attraction.
Despite the launch being for The Simpsons, there were hardly any members of the cast there on the yellow carpet. Kelsey Grammer (Sideshow Bob) was there along with creator Matt Groening and producer James L. Brooks but no other voice talents were anywhere to be found. See who I talked to and read more about the ride unveiling after the jump.
- Oops! Rumor is, Larry Birkhead got all excited to be named one of the year's most fascinating people.
- Gary Coleman couldn't even sell his car on Ebay.
- Someone calling Tyra Banks fat? Didn't we just go through this? Ugh.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Pamela Anderson got married again this weekend. Guests were treated to mac-n-cheese. Mmm!
- Danny Bonaduce won't be charged for throwing Johnny Fairplay face-first onto a stage and breaking his teeth. The D.A.'s office basically said that Johnny had it coming to him.
- Why I want a reality show about Larry Birkhead raising Daniellyn to succeed.
Kathy Griffin recently announced on The View that she wants to date again, but this time she's not going to do it for love, she's going to do it for publicity. She's asking her fans to go to OffTheDList.com and vote for one of the following men:
- Kevin Federline
- Mario Lopez
- Larry Birkhead
- Prince William
Here's a new twist in this whole "who is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby" story.
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, is suing Fox News and Bill O'Reilly for at least $10 million. O'Reilly called von Anhalt "a fraud" during his February 20 O'Reilly Factor, referring to von Anhalt's claim that he could be the father of Anna Nicole's baby girl Danielynn. Here's the whole quote:
"Look, this guy's a fraud...we know he's a fraud. But let's - what I want to talk about is - he's done. His credibility is - finished."
The prince says that people are not only sending him e-mails calling him a fraud, he's also getting a lot of dirty looks at the supermarket when he goes grocery shopping. (Wait, a prince goes to the supermarket to get his own groceries?)
I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea if this case has any merit or not, but I'm glad Bill O'Reilly is getting sued.
[via TV Newser]
I promised myself - promised, promised, promised - that I wouldn't write another story about Anna Nicole Smith. But then I saw this video, and I had to post this. If it stops just one person from watching another second of Entertainment Tonight, then this post is worth it.
The video is from Entertainment Tonight, who had EXCLUSIVE! access to the funeral in the Bahamas (*cough* $$$$$ *cough*), and while we get all of the expected weeping and slow motion and doves being released, we also see various friends and relatives of Anna Nicole taking a shovel and grabbing dirt out of the back of a wheelbarrow. I'm sure this is done at funerals, but it just seems odd to have everyone at the funeral grab the shovel and join in. After a while it seems like less a tribute than just doing some maintenance work at the cemetery.
Pay special attention to the job Anna Nicole's mom does.
Wow, here's something that was COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED.
Judge Larry Seidlin, who presided over the Anna Nicole hearing/circus last week, might get a regular spot on CBS' Saturday Early Show. One of the show's producers, Michael Rosen, sent Judge Seidlin a letter the other day (obtained by The Sun-Sentinel), saying that they want to hire him for a new segment on the show:
"I have been extremely impressed by your compassion in the Anna Nicole case and I would love to discuss with you the idea of being our judge on a new segment, `Morning Justice.' It would be a semi-regular segment in which you would resolve the ethical and legal questions of our viewers who send in the issues troubling them."
That's the claim she's making in a joke e-mail she sent to staffers at CNN Headline News. She's been so fed up with all of the people coming forward to claim they might be the father (the list so far includes Howard K. Stern, Larry Birkhead, Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, an ex who is in jail and J. Howard Marshall, the old guy she married years ago who might have frozen his sperm) so she finally declared that she was the father of the baby.
This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that Grace has been covering the damn story from every single angle several times since Anna Nicole Smith died.
It's funny that she would say she's the father of the baby, since most people describe her as being a "mother."
[via TV Newser]
Wow, here's another plot twist no one saw coming: Zsa Zsa Gabor's* husband says he might be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby daughter.
Prince Frederick von Anhalt says that he had a long relationship with Smith and that "if you go back from September, she wasn't with one of those guys, she was with me." And he's not just saying this, he's actually going to file a lawsuit if the baby is given to either Howard K. Stern or Larry Birkhead.
Other people who might be the father of the baby:
- Andy Dick
- Larry The Cable Guy
- Rita Cosby
- Larry King
- Lance Armstrong
*For the record, Zsa Zsa wasn't the one on Green Acres. That was sister Eva.
Gee whiz. She's already rocking at parenthood. Well, at least she'll take the heat off of Britney Spears for a while. I'm just trying to look for a silver lining here, people.
**Update: Anna Nicole confirms the pregnancy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Second Sons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 10 Preview: The Final 4 Dance It Off
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Reggie Bush Won't Congratulate Kim, Ellen Pearson Claims Kardashians Have No Case
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Sex, Drugs and Advertising
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' Finale Recap: Vegas vs. Nashville
- More From BuddyTV
- Sibel Kekilli: 'Game of Thrones'' Shae responds to Tyrion and Sansa's wedding
- 'Mad Men' Season 6 episode 8 recap 'The Crash': Ranking Don, Sally, Stan, Peggy and more on the happiness index
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 episode 8 recap: 'Second Sons'
- Miguel slams woman's head into stage during Billboard Music Awards performance
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- More From Zap2it
- New Star Wars Rebels Animated Series to Bridge Movie Episodes III and IV
- What to Watch Monday: Bates Motel, Five-0 and Four Other Finales, Goodwin Games On and More
- Mad Men Recap: Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- More From TVLine