It's like 40% of pop culture dies every year.
Gelbart is probably best known for his writing on M*A*S*H during its early years. The almost lyrical comedic dialogue he gave Hawkeye, Trapper, and the rest of the gang is what drew me to the show, and he influenced almost everyone who worked on the show afterwards, including FOS (Friend of Squad) Ken Levine, who was just "too devestated" to write a tribute on his blog (expect one on Monday, though).
However, she's had a chance to think it over and when asked again, she agreed to become a Hall of Famer, just like Lucille Ball, Johnny Carson and Bill Cosby.
As I wrote previously, the TV Academy Hall of Fame will expand to include Bea Arthur, Merv Griffin, Larry Gelbart (M*A*S*H), Sherwood Schwartz (Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch), and ABC executives Thomas Murphy and Daniel B. Burke. On December 9 in Beverly Hills, the awards will be presented.
According to ATAS chairman and CEO John Shaffner , "The Hall of Fame is a special recognition for those who have made significant contributions and have left an indelible mark on the television business." As Maude in the 1970's and Dorothy on The Golden Girls in the 1980's (into the '90s) Beatrice Arthur, made her mark. She was more effective on TV than she was in the theater, and she was a dynamo on stage.
Adam told you in September that TV Land was going to start airing M*A*S*H, and now comes word that the network will have a week long marathon of just M*A*S*H episodes in January. The marathon will start on New Year's Day and run until January 7.
In addition to the marathon, the TV Land web site will have a trivia game for fans of the show and will also include bios of the cast and other information about the show.
Starting on January 8, the show will go into it's regular time slot. It can be seen Tuesday through Sunday at 10pm, and there will also be another episode at 10:30pm on Monday and Wednesday.
There was a time when I was obsessed with this show and watched it every single day. But then I just stopped watching it, so I'm ready to watch it again and it's great that it will be seen on a regular basis again. There's a new DVD box set of the complete series that looks pretty cool.
[via TV Tattle]
For anyone I owe money to (friends, family, phone company, etc), you might just have to wait several months if they keep releasing these damn complete series DVD sets.
It's not official yet, but TVShowsonDVD is reporting that a box set for M*A*S*H is on its way November 7. The set will include every episode on 36 discs, along with the original Robert Altman-directed film, and two discs of bonus materials including a trivia game and a 30th Anniversary cast reunion. Throw in a special collector's booklet and you have the ultimate Christmas gift for the 4077 fan on your list.
Hopefully one of them is me.
[Via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While the Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- More From BuddyTV
- The Simpsons: Harry Shearer to Return After Reaching New Deal
- Scandal: Cornelius Smith Jr. Returning as a Series Regular in Season 5
- Netflix Sets Dates for Idris Elba's Beasts, Ridiculous Adam Sandler Flick
- USA Renews Chrisley Knows Best for Season 4 — Exclusive Sneak Peek
- Ratings: Island Hits Low With Finale, SYTYCD and Bachelorette Rise
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick's Ex-Girlfriend, Chloe Bartoli, Attacked on Social Media Following Kourtney Kardashian Split
- EXCLUSIVE: Evangeline Lilly Packs a Punch in New ‘Ant-Man' Featurette
- Paula Deen in Hot Water for Posting Brownface Photo on Twitter
- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Brooks & Dunn's Kix Brooks Will Make You Hungry With New Show
- NSFW! Justin Bieber Bares His Butt on Instagram
- More From ET