September 30, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Jessa Duggar: Abortion is the Holocaust of Our Time
- Have You Ever Seen Anything Cuter Than This 4-Year-Old Trying to Learn a Nursery Rhyme?
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- More From ET