July 7, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky and 2 Adorable Moments from 'Dreamcatcher'
- 'UnREAL': The Problem with Rachel and Adam's Romance
- Casting Bits: 'Scandal' and 'Castle' Add Series Regulars, Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire' and More
- Is 'Teen Wolf' Trying to Replace Scott with Liam?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cancelled Forever Unable to 'Find a New Home,' Series Creator Reports
- Daredevil Season 2 Casts Elektra
- Ratings: Game of Thrones Season 5 Breaks 20 Million-Viewer Barrier
- Bill Cosby Sitcoms Yanked from Centric, Bounce TV's Schedules
- Fall TV's Mystery Crossover: Castle Joins S.H.I.E.L.D., Cookie Visits Gotham and More TVLine Reader Theories
- More From TVLine