May 28, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fuller House: Lori Loughlin Says Aunt Becky Will Be Back
- Trevor Noah's Daily Show Premiere Date Announced by Comedy Central
- Hannibal Sneak Peek: Never Offer Your Hand to Dr. Lecter!
- Ratings: The Briefcase Opens Strong, While MasterChef Surges
- Murder in the First Season 2 Trailer Teases Intense New Case, Dirty Cops
- More From TVLine
- Trevor Noah's 'Daily Show' Start Date Revealed as New Host Practices for His Takeover
- Miley Cyrus 'Accidentally' Flashes a Nipple on Instagram
- Martina McBride Slams Radio Consultant Who Says Fans Prefer Country Songs By Men
- EXCLUSIVE: Miranda Lambert Takes Us Behind-the-Scenes of Her 'Roots and Wings' Recording Session
- Chris Pratt Plays Elton John's Piano, but Is He Any Good?
- More From ET