October 23, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- TLC 'Reassessing' Future of 'Honey Boo Boo' After Child Molestation Allegations Surface
- More From ET