Powered by i.TV
October 25, 2014

lawsuit

NBC, Andy Samberg Sued Over 'Saturday Night Live' Sketch

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 8th 2011 12:05PM
Andy SambergA St. Louis-based production team has filed suit against 'Saturday Night Live' star Andy Samberg, NBC Universal, Universal Republic Records and Lonely Island over two sketches they claim to have had a hand in creating.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Aleric Banks and Monique Hines said they created the music that formed the basis for 'SNL' skits 'Shy Ronnie' and 'Like a Boss.'

The duo, who go by the name StarStrukk Productions, said they had a connection to Samberg and submitted music prior to the release of the first Lonely Island album. The tracks were reportedly used with Lonely Island adding lyrics over the copyrighted master recordings.

Read More

Charlie Sheen, Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. Settle Lawsuit

by Alex Moaba, posted Sep 26th 2011 7:25PM
In the latest act of Charlie Sheen's atonement tour, the former 'Two and a Half Men' star has reached a settlement with Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros., according to a report in Deadline. Sheen had been suing the parties for $100 million, claiming he was wrongfully terminated from the hit sitcom.

In a statement, Warner Bros. confirmed news of a settlement. "Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties' mutual satisfaction. The pending lawsuit and arbitration will be dismissed as to all parties. The parties have agreed to maintain confidentiality over the terms of the settlement."

Last week, the L.A. Times reported that a settlement was likely to pay Sheen somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 million.

While Sheen is looking to clean up his many messes as he attempts to sell his 'Anger Management' pilot, the Season 9 premiere of 'Two and a Half Men,' which killed off Sheen's Charlie Harper character, drew massive ratings.

Read More

'Price is Right' Model Files Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Producers

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 8th 2011 2:35PM
Lanisha Cole, Price is RightA former 'The Price is Right' model is suing the show's producers on charges of sexual harassment, false imprisonment and wrongful termination.

Lanisha Cole alleges producers Michael G. Richards and Adam Sandler -- not the actors -- created a hostile work environment starting in December 2009 after Richards stopped talking to Cole directly.

In the suit filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court, Cole claims Richards created personnel policies that were intended to deprive her of work, something the other models on the show were not forced to do. Cole's suit also says Sandler entered a female dressing room -- without permission -- while Cole was naked from the waist up and only wearing "a very sheer thong bikini underwear bottom" and berated her for failing to wear a microphone, something she says was not her fault.

Read More

Elderly Man Sues 'The X Factor' For Making Him Too Tired to Perform Well

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 9th 2011 11:20AM
Simon CowellIf you find it exhausting just watching the hours of audition footage that reality competitions like 'American Idol' and 'The X Factor' air at the beginning of each season, just try actually auditioning.

According a new lawsuit filing obtained by TheWrap, an elderly man is suing 'The X Factor' for making him too tired to perform at a competitive level.

Hyman Marks, 86, his wife Helen, 78, and his son Stephen, 54, are suing Fox, 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell, claiming their chances of stardom were destroyed because they became too exhausted to perform after being put through a "physical ordeal."

Read More

'Dukes of Hazzard' Actor Sues Warner Bros. Over Merchandise Revenue

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 2nd 2011 6:00PM
James BestJames Best, known to millions as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from 'The Dukes of Hazzard,' is suing Warner Bros. Entertainment.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actor's suit alleges Warner Bros. owes him royalties agreed upon when he starred in the series. The lawsuit claims Best may be owed more than $25 million.

Best filed his complaint in North Carolina federal court and in it he says he's been fighting to get detailed accounting from Warner Bros. for the last 22 years. In his original contract, Best says Warner Bros. entitled him to 5 percent of merchandising revenue from products that featured his likeness and 2.5 percent of total revenue that features other 'Dukes of Hazzard' cast members. In the suit, Best claims he got word from Warner Bros. that sales of merchandise with his identity netted less than $10 million, something he says conflicts with published reports that "sales of merchandise had soared to 'over $190 million per year' during the first 6 years in which the show aired on CBS."

Read More

Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery Talk Kissing, Post-'Idol' Success on 'Today' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jun 2nd 2011 1:00PM
Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery on 'Today'No matter how much they try to deflect, 'American Idol' winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina continue to have to answer questions about kissing each other on the show finale. At least this morning on 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM on NBC) they got to answer other questions, too, about how their lives might be different after their success on 'Idol.'

McCreery and Alaina appeared together on the show and were shown a photo of McCreery awkwardly kissing the side of Alaina's face. McCreery claimed he was trying to back away. Ann Curry asked them how they are staying grounded after becoming so successful so quickly. Alaina credited their faith.

Read More

'Happy Days' Actors Sue CBS Over Merchandising Revenues

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 19th 2011 1:15PM
Marion Ross, Erin Moran, Happy DaysThe cast of 'Happy Days' isn't too, well, happy, with CBS.

Anson Williams, Don Most, Marion Ross, Erin Moran and the estate of the late Tom Bosley are suing CBS over merchandising revenues. According to CNN, the actors claim CBS has cut them out of money they are owed for products such as T-shirts, comic books, dolls and DVDs.

The cast is suing for $10 million, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Henry Winkler and Ron Howard are not part of the suit.

The actors say that under their contracts, they were supposed to be paid 5 percent of the net proceeds if their sole image appeared on the product and 2.5 percent if their image appeared in a group.

Read More

Charlie Sheen Sues Chuck Lorre, Warner Bros. for $100 Million

by Jean Bentley, posted Mar 10th 2011 2:00PM
Charlie Sheen sues Chuck Lorre and Warner Brothers for $100 million.Charlie Sheen has put his money where his mouth is, so to speak -- the actor just filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Chuck Lorre for firing him from his hit CBS sitcom, 'Two and a Half Men,' TMZ reports.

Sheen spoke out on the lawsuit via -- what else? -- his Guinness World Record-setting Twitter account, writing "You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you've been served!"

Read More

Don Johnson Gets Another $28 Million as Judge Adds Interest to 'Nash Bridges' Payout

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 9th 2010 11:30AM
Don JohnsonDon Johnson got another big payday for 'Nash Bridges,' his San Francisco-set police drama that's been off the air since 2001. A judge added $28 million in interest to the amount a jury ordered the 'Bridges' production company to pay the actor in a July decision, according to Reuters.

That can buy a whole lot of yellow convertibles.

Johnson sued Rysher Entertainment LLC back in February of 2009, saying he was owed millions in profits as the co-owner of the copyright to his popular show. A jury agreed, and, in July, awarded the actor $23.2 million. Judge Michael Stern added 10 percent interest for every year since Johnson and Rysher signed the deal in 1998, amounting to $28 million in interest and $51.2 million total.

Read More

Jimmy Fallon Accused of Sexual Discrimination by Male Employee

by Chris Jordan, posted Jul 30th 2010 4:00PM
NBC's 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' has enjoyed a smooth run so far, but the show is now facing its first major controversy: A male ex-employee is accusing Fallon and his staff of sexual discrimination.

Paul Tarascio, a former stage manager for Fallon, claims he was unjustly demoted after a show executive told him "Jimmy just prefers to take direction from a woman,'' according to E! Online.

Read More

Nicollette Sheridan Sues 'Housewives' Creator Marc Cherry

by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 6th 2010 11:03AM
nicolette_sheridan_edie_britt_abcPerhaps you've heard that 'Desperate Housewives' exile Nicollette Sheridan has filed a whopper of a lawsuit against ABC and Marc Cherry, the creator of the show. Her claim is that she was not only wrongfully terminated, but that Cherry struck her in September 2008 when she asked him about something in the script.

Officially, the suit covers even more than those two charges. There are seven in all: wrongful termination, assault and battery, gender violence, discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation and age, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Sheridan is seeking $20 million in compensation.

Violence against women -- or men for that matter -- is a serious charge, and it would be naive to think that this could not have happened. That said, it does seem like something right out of a 'Desperate Housewives' script. Would Marc Cherry have been so upset with Sheridan to strike her? Wouldn't it have been witnessed by other people on the set? Perhaps that will come out in the case.

Read More

Nicollette Sheridan Sues Marc Cherry

by AOL TV Staff, posted Apr 6th 2010 8:00AM
Nicollette SheridanFormer 'Desperate Housewives' star Nicollette Sheridan has filed a $20 million lawsuit against show creator Marc Cherry, claiming that he physically assaulted her, then fired her after she complained.

According to TMZ, Sheridan is suing for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination, and says that the incident took place on set in Sept. 2008.

Afterward, the suit claims that Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."

For more on this story, visit PopEater.

Read More

'Smallville' Producers Sue the WB and CW

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 29th 2010 9:21AM

SmallvilleHollywood in-fighting is nothing new, and it's usually pretty interesting. The latest example is that the current producers behind 'Smallville' are suing both Warner Brothers and the CW. The accusation is that the company is "short-selling" the show to the network and thereby cutting the producers out of potential profit.

Money has always seemed a problem for the show. While 'Smallville' does not have the worst special effects in history (that award goes to classic 'Doctor Who'), it does sometimes appear to be made on a shoestring budget. In this recessionary environment, it should be no surprise that everybody is fighting like wolves for a bigger piece of the pie. More's the pity since the show has gotten better in the last two or three years.

The curious thing is the long-term effect. Will the producers for the tenth season now be replaced? Will this be the final nail in the coffin to make the show's tenth season its last? What do you think?

Read More

Paula Deen's Getting Sued, Y'all

by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 23rd 2010 6:45PM
Paula DeenShe may seem like America's sweet, down home cooking mama, but at least one grumpy Gus out there sees her as Tony Soprano's mother, at least if you read the lawsuit filed against her and her company.

Celebrity Chef Tours filed a $40 million lawsuit against the TV cook and her sons for what appears to be a breach of contract dispute.

Apparently, she was supposed to go on a 10-city tour but the promoter claims she pulled the plug on it at the last minute. The promoter also took issue with some of the "language" she used in her promotional videos, claiming they were loaded with "profanity and sexual innuendo." Did one of her tour stops include a visit to Russell Simmons' "Def Cooking Jam"?

[via Fark]

Read More

Teen Featured on 'Wife Swap' Sues Show

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 23rd 2010 3:00PM
Wife SwapHere's a tip for anyone who wants to appear on television: don't go on a reality show. Sure, there are a few reality shows that might be OK, but for the most part, they are going to be edited to make you look bad or they're going to be a horrible experience in general. There are other ways to get your 15 minutes of fame (note: please don't go for your 15 minutes of fame either).

A teen who appeared on the ABC reality show 'Wife Swap' (the title should tell you pretty much what the show is about) is suing the show and Disney for $100 million (say that in a Dr. Evil-like voice). She says that people at the show actually told her how to act (like a spoiled brat) and even wrote specific lines for her to say (viewers who think that reality shows are 100% unscripted live in a fantasy world of unicorns and rainbows). She says that after the show aired she was physically and verbally assaulted at school.

Read More

Follow Us

From Our Partners