"Left Behind" was a little light on the Easter eggs this week. However, there were some thought-provoking clues thrown in between the chick fights and monster appearances.
Lost Library: As mentioned in the recap, Sawyer was back to reading Watership Down again. The book was last seen back in Season One's "Confidence Man." Perhaps he misses that poor, Ben-tortured bunny from Hydra Island?
An entirely fake book also showed up on the beach. Claire was seen reading a book called Rick Romer's Vision of Astrology. The book may not exist, but Rick Romer does. Romer is one of the set decorators for Lost. For my money, this is one of the funnier "book" choices featured on the island. I cannot wait to see someone reading Damon Lindelof's Guide to Australia.
Oceanic Airlines. Mittelos Bioscience. ALS Technologies. One of these companies is real, and has accidentally become part of the fictional world of Lost. During a scene in "Left Behind" in which Kate was gassed by the Others, the name ALS Technologies was visible on the gas canister.
It turns out that ALS Technologies is a real company in Arkansas that produces "less-than-lethal ammunition and riot control equipment." Since the episode aired last week, the company's phone lines and website have been far more active than usual. It's an honest mistake, given the show's history of creating complex, interactive games. The company's owners, however, were quite amused.
Producer Damon Lindelof was back for this week's Lost audio podcast. In a short interview, cast members Josh Holloway and Daniel Dae Kim shared a humorous story about their down time on Oahu. Fan questions about Season Three episodes were answered as well.
Josh Holloway and Daniel Dae Kim once got caught in a storm during a fishing trip. Holloway owns a fishing boat, and had been overly eager to go out on the ocean after a long stretch of bad weather. Daniel Dae Kim may never go fishing with him again.
Dominic Monaghan introduced Daniel Dae Kim to the music of The Honorary Title. Kim is a music lover, and misses the New York music scene.
After last week's killer episode, there was bound to be some down time for the pool. No deaths, and no one came back from the dead. But with several episodes left, there could still be some changes in the standings. Charlie will be getting a flashback episode in a few weeks, and that could give those of you at the 40 point level a boost. A unique pick could really make some changes (those are worth double points), but there are only a few of those left.
In the meantime, last week's standings remain in place. Chris Wyant, April, and ts are in the top three spots, but have no picks left. The following people could still catch up: Alex, bbf203, BlackViking, darciedyan, Ed W., Gregory Capobianco, Holli, Hubba, jks, Kat, Kenneth Chong, Kristi Parry, Lauren, Michael, PlusDrew, Priscilla, RedStarRevolution, and Tracy. Those with 21 points or less fall into the "long shot" category.
See you next week for "One of Us"!
(S03E15) Some Lost episodes are stand-alone pieces of the show's mythology. Others are pieces of a larger puzzle, filling in gaps from past episodes and setting the stage for future episodes. "Left Behind" definitely falls into the second category. More of Kate's past was revealed, and new island loyalties were formed in what I am sure is a build-up to an Others-Survivors showdown (fingers crossed).
Some of you may already be familiar with stuntwoman Heather Arthur after reading about her personal blog. Arthur is currently working as Evangeline Lilly's stunt double on Lost, and doubled for Michelle Rodriguez as well. The Lost Blog has an interesting Q&A with Heather Arthur. The stuntwoman discusses what goes into a typical Lost stunt, what the actors are like to work with, and gives advice to those who want to pursue a career in stunt work. Arthur shared the following behind-the-scenes information about Lost:
- Heather Arthur's father, the stunt coordinator on Lost, suggested that she take the job as Evangeline Lilly's stunt double.
- The stunts on Lost range from high falls to fight sequences; Arthur has never done the same stunt twice.
Cameron has been married to his former Growing Pains co-star Chelsea Noble for several years, and they have six children.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Gary Busey Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- 'Scream' Season 1 Finale Recap: Who is the Killer?
- The 14 Best Sidekicks on TV Right Now
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Semifinals Get Underway
- More From BuddyTV
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars — See His Over-the-Top Announcement
- Scream EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns
- Scream's Killer Talks 'Awesome' Finale Reveal — Plus: Grade the Episode
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- More From TVLine
- Andrew Garfield on Exploring Fatherhood: 'Exciting, Daunting and Scary'
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Wahlberg Helps a Friend Squeeze Into Skinny Jeans on 'Wahlburgers' Finale
- Naomi Campbell Shows Off Amazing Bikini Bod at 45
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' Video Under Fire for Its 'Glamorous White Colonial Fantasy'
- Jessa Seewald Publicly Sides With Father-in-Law Who Called Josh Duggar a 'Pretender'
- More From ET