Actually, not really. This new network, called the Reelz Channel, is dedicated to shows that discuss and give information about the movies. Think review shows, shows about the business, documentaires about the making of certain movies, and other such programming. Because of the long history of the cinema, there seems to be enough material to cover a 24-hour broadcast day (heck, if there can be a network dedicated to one New York sports team, anything is possible, right?). Right now, they will start with seven hours of original programming a day and go from there, including a Leonard Maltin-hosted show called The Secret's Out, which will examined overlooked movie "gems." Most cable systems will have the show on their digital tier, so look for it as it launches at 6 PM tonight.
This is one of those "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" type things, but a close friend of mine actually attended college with the grandson of Joseph Barbera, one-half of the famous Hanna-Barbera team who were responsible for most of our childhood memories by creating charcters like Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, and about fifty gajillion others. Google Video has a seven part interview with Mr. Barbera conducted by Leonard Maltin for the Archive of American Television. The entire interview clocks in at about four hours, and I've been watching little snippets here and there. It's interesting to watch, but I find it's much easier on my eyes if I just let the audio play and do things about the house as I listen to it. At any rate, if you're a fan I encourage you to check it out.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Arrow': Will a Main Character Die in Season 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- American Idol Top 8 Guys Recap: W(ednesday's) T(errible) F(allout)
- More From TVLine