Today, we look at baseball, which I know absolutely nothing about. In fact, here's a true exchange that took place on my first day of summer youth baseball:
Coach: Adam, you take right field.
Me: What's right field?
Here's just a small sample of what I've learned about this great sport, thanks to TV:
Every high school graduation speech is exactly the same chain of cliches and navel-gazing pabulum. This is why Conan O'Brien should deliver every commencement speech at every high school in the nation. He'd have to do some kind of molecular split in order to accomplish this, but I think it would be worth the scientific and ethical risks. Recently he gave the commencement speech at Stuybesant High School, and you can watch both parts here and here. There's plenty of Conan's signature humor, but he also offers some sage advice to the students, all of which are at that point when they feel they must have their entire life planned out right now. A truly great speech, and for you readers who are getting ready to graduate high school, I recommend you check it out.
Thanks to Tucker for the link.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gives Meghan the Third Degree
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 18 Dance and Two Go Home
- Casting Bits: Ed Sheeran Joins FX Series, 'Nashville' Adds Riley Smith, Naomi Campbell on 'AHS' and More
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 5?
- More From BuddyTV
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Final Couples
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death: Nick Gordon 'Has Suffered Greatly,' His Mother Says
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Did Kaitlyn Bristowe Pick Shawn Booth or Nick Viall?
- Leah Still Challenges Riley Curry to the Most Adorable Dance-Off Ever
- 13 Surprising Stars Who Love Their Converse (And Will Likely Fall In Love With The New Chuck II)
- More From ET