Today, we look at baseball, which I know absolutely nothing about. In fact, here's a true exchange that took place on my first day of summer youth baseball:
Coach: Adam, you take right field.
Me: What's right field?
Here's just a small sample of what I've learned about this great sport, thanks to TV:
Every high school graduation speech is exactly the same chain of cliches and navel-gazing pabulum. This is why Conan O'Brien should deliver every commencement speech at every high school in the nation. He'd have to do some kind of molecular split in order to accomplish this, but I think it would be worth the scientific and ethical risks. Recently he gave the commencement speech at Stuybesant High School, and you can watch both parts here and here. There's plenty of Conan's signature humor, but he also offers some sage advice to the students, all of which are at that point when they feel they must have their entire life planned out right now. A truly great speech, and for you readers who are getting ready to graduate high school, I recommend you check it out.
Thanks to Tucker for the link.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 6 Photos: The Recruits Practice Surveillance on Miranda and Her Son
- 'Bones' Episode 11.4 Photos: Will Brennan Feel Competitive with Betty White's Dr. Mayer Around?
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Will Jessamy Ruin Everything?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: Has Coulson Made a Deal with the Devil?
- 'iZombie' Recap: Do Major and Ravi Score Some Utopium?
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Fire Recap: In the Family Way
- Democratic Presidential Debate 2015: The 10 Best Moments
- The Voice Battle Rounds Recap: Gwen Stefani and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Scream Queens Recap: The Red Devils' Boss Is (Possibly) Revealed
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: Saved the Date!
- More From TVLine
- Lamar Odom Was in a 'Great Mood' Days Before He Was Found Unconscious, Says Brothel Owner
- Steve Carell Was Too Nervous to Ask His Wife on a Date
- 'Married at First Sight' Couples Enter Year Two of Marriage: Who's Still Going Strong?
- Lea Michele Explains Why Her Debut Album Failed, Leaves Door Open for 'Glee' Reboot
- Dick Van Dyke Reveals His Secrets to Staying Young at 89 - Ice Cream Included!
- More From ET