A little over a month since it launched its own branded channel on YouTube, CBS now boasts some of the highest views on the video sharing site. Since it first began uploading clips on October 18, CBS's content has had almost thirty million views. Currently there are over 300 clips from shows like Late Night with David Letterman, CSI, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Early Show and NCIS. Not to mention CBS News programs and sports highlights. CBS believes having their content on YouTube has been a factor in increased ratings of the television broadcasts of these same series.
I have to wonder, though, is this really news? Isn't saying CBS had the most views on YouTube like saying King Kong has a greater vertical leap than Bonzo the monkey? I'm all about free access to TV shows --clips and otherwise-- on the Web, but while CBS congratulates itself on being a corporation with the power to saturate YouTube, is there some great independent content being pushed further into the background? It seems impossible to have the best of both worlds.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: The Sound of Music Dips, Sunday Night Football Drops
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- The Affair Season Finale Recap: They Can't Handle the Truth
- Homeland Finale Recap: Mother Lode
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- More From TVLine
- A Father Recorded His 5-Year-Old Daughter Gushing Over Princess Leia's Slave Bikini
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Ruffalo Shares Advice to His Younger Self
- How Stacy Keibler Got Her Abs Back Four Months After Giving Birth
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Kiss Pics
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape
- More From ET