The drama about US Marshals using former fugitives to track other criminals on the run has been well-received by both viewers and critics. Its premiere in March 2011 was seen by 2.8 million viewers.
Originally commissioned as a pilot for Fox, A&E scooped up the project from 'Prison Break' veterans Santora and Matt Olmstead.
"Thanks to all the BOK FANS for their support in our quest for a Season 2 pickup! As you've all heard already, it's official - we're back!" Santora said on Twitter.
Production on Season 2 is expected to begin later this year.
In other TV news ...
Brett told you the other day that it looked like FOX was pulling the new game show The Rich List after only one episode, and Jonathan told you about The O.C. being moved back to Wednesday nights. But what got kinda lost in the mix of all these FOX schedule moves is that the network has also canceled the freshman comedy Happy Hour. (They've even removed it from the web site drop down menu - that was quick.)
I can't say that this is much of a surprise. I'm actually surprised that it lasted this long on the schedule. I have absolutely no idea if it was a bad show or not, but it got terrible reviews from critics, and many readers here picked it as the first show to be canceled in our contest.
Was the show as bad as everyone says? It seemed to have a funny premise (straight-laced guy influenced by his wacky bachelor best friend who turns his life upside down), but critics hated it, and I don't think the ratings were that great either. Readers, did it deserve a chance, or is it just another one of those terrible short-lived FOX sitcoms to add to the list of terrible short-lived FOX sitcoms?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: The 100's First Bloody Minutes, GH Vet Returns and More
- Castle Mystery Man Drops (Just a Few) Clues About Rick's Vanishing
- Showtime Sets Return Dates for Shameless, Episodes and House of Lies
- Ratings: Selfie and Love Story Gets Few Likes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Hits Low, Mindy Rises
- Nashville Newbie (and Fan) Laura Benanti on Sadie's Music City Sojourn
- More From TVLine
- Listen to the Original Jasmine Sing the 'Aladdin' Theme Song 22 Years Later
- Nick Jonas Flashes His Abs For 'Flaunt' Magazine
- 'Little People Big World' Jeremy and Audrey Roloff Enjoy Romantic Honeymoon
- EXCLUSIVE: Preview Jason Aldean's 'Old Boots, New Dirt' Bonus Track 'Too Much You For Me'
- Alyssa Milano Not Returning to 'Mistresses' Season 3
- More From ET