life goes on
After her daughter Maggie was born three-and-a-half years ago, Martin told me last week, "I didn't want to get overwhelmed with having to feel like I had to work and not have this time with her." She read every parenting book she could find, but parenting was still a mystery to her. "I had no idea what to do with a kid, I mean I was clueless, so I needed some time to figure this out."
This week, audiences will see Martin twice: Fans of Lifetime's 'Drop Dead Diva' will see Martin guest star on July 11 as the victim of a Ponzi scheme who hires Grayson Kent to take her case. And on July 16, Martin will star in NBC's 'The Jensen Project' as Claire Thompson, a nanobiologist who works with her husband and 15-year-old son to fight evil when the project they spent years developing falls into the wrong hands. If the show, produced by Wal-Mart and Proctor and Gamble as part of their 'Family Moments' series, does well, it has a shot of being made into a series.
But before we talked about that, I needed to express my shock that the 'Life Goes On' and 'ER' star was old enough to play the mom of a teenager (she's only 35, for heaven's sakes)...
I've gotten this question a few times, so I decided to ask you guys for help.
Ouchie Poos asks, "What tv detective type series used the beatles song "got to get you into my life" while running the end credits? The program had the same sort of setup as Department S but without the weird mysteries."
Television has given us a large catalog of super-cool names to choose from. Since TV is all about wish fulfillment, it's rare for a character to be given a truly terrible name. Sometimes, though, a terrible name slips through the network sieve and luckily for all of us, TV Squad is there to catch it. The five worst names in the history of television after the jump...
Kellie Martin, 31, is probably best known for her role as Becca Thatcher on Life Goes On during the early 1990s. She also had a memorable guest stint on ER a few years ago as Lucy Knight, who met an unfortunate end in a terrific episode.
Back in January, the lovely and talented Anna Johns reported that Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank and husband Chad Lowe had agreed to separate, but were willing to get through the tough time and come out a stronger couple. Apparently this didn't happen exactly as planned.
According to a spokeswoman for Swank, she and Lowe have decided to initiate divorce proceedings after eight years of wedded bliss. A lawyer for the couple said Swank and Lowe have made a joint decision to divorce and that they still remain friends and have the utmost respect for each other.
Ms. Swank, who has won Oscars for performances in the movies Boys Don't Cry and Million Dollar Baby was a regular on Beverly Hills, 90210 back in the late 1990's. Mr. Lowe, brother of actor Rob Lowe, played the AIDS-infected Jesse McKenna on ABC's Life Goes On back in the mid 1980's and has had appeared in many other TV series since, including ER, Without a Trace and Law & Order: SVU.
While we all know Hilary from her Oscar wins for Boys Don't Cry and Million Dollar Baby, Chad has been an actor in tv land for a long time. Who can forget him as Jesse on Life Goes On? And, more recently, his turn as John Denver in the made-for-tv movie in 2000. Let's hope these kids work things out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- More From BuddyTV
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Calvin Harris Is Nearly Unrecognizable in This Awesome Throwback Photo
- Zayn Malik Throws Major Shade at One Direction, Says He Left to Make '#RealMusic'
- 'Law & Order' Director Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
- More From ET