Comedy Central has renewed two of its shows, Mind of Mencia and Lil' Bush.
Carlos Mencia's show is actually the number one 10 PM cable show with men aged 18-24. Yeah, I know, that sounds like an awfully specific ratings number to brag about, but these people know what they're doing with all this stuff. This blog post is the number one rated blog post about Comedy Central that was posted in the afternoon of October 2, 2007 by a guy drinking a hot chai.
- At 8, ABC has a new The Next Best Thing, then new episodes of American Inventor and Traveler.
- FOX has a new, two-hour So You Think You Can Dance at 8.
- The CW has two new episodes of Hidden Palms starting at 8.
- Also at 8: Patton Oswalt guests on Emeril Live, on Food Network.
- At 9, NBC has a new Last Comic Standing, followed by a new Dateline.
- Paris Hilton talks to Larry King at 9 on CNN.
- TBS has two new episodes of Tyler Perry's House of Payne at 9.
- The Travel Channel has a new World Poker Tour at 9.
- BBC America has a new Footballers at 9.
- At 10, History Channel has a new Modern Marvels.
- There's a new Top Chef on Bravo at 10.
- FX has a new Rescue Me at 10.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has a new Lil' Bush.
Check your local TV listings for more.
From the Things I Don't Understand file: NBC is selling video of Matt Lauer's interview with Prince William and Prince Harry on iTunes, even though the entire interview is available on MSNBC.com for free.
Now, before you say "nobody would buy that," please note that the $1.99 video is the number two TV video on iTunes right now, right behind video of the recent Miss Universe Pageant. Just kidding. Actually, number one right now is the latest episode of Starter Wife. The rest of the top 10: recent eps of The Office, Lil' Bush, The Starter Wife, Kyle XY, The Starter Wife, Hannah Montana, Stargate: SG-1, and Studio 60.
I guess if you buy it from iTunes you can keep it forever and watch it over and over and over.
- At 8, ABC has a new episode of The Next Best Thing, followed by a new American Inventor and a new Traveler.
- CBS has a new Creature Comforts at 8.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, then the season premiere of Last Comic Standing.
- There's a new, two-hour So You Think You Can Dance on FOX at 8.
- TCM has The Big Combo at 8, with Cornel Wilde, then Suddenly, Last Summer, with Elizabeth Taylor, Katharine Hepburn and Montgomery Clift.
- At 9 on CNN, Larry King talks to Regis Philbin.
- There's a new Mythbusters on Discovery at 9.
- BBC America has a new Footballer's Wives at 9.
- Also at 9: the Travel Channel has a new "Fathers and Sons" World Poker Tour.
- At 10, FX has the season premiere of Rescue Me.
- Bravo has the season premiere of Top Chef at 10.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has the series premiere of Lil' Bush.
Check your local TV listings for more.
I'm actually looking forward to summer television this year as a break from all the hype and mania surrounding shows like Lost, 24, and American Idol. I get a little burned out on all the talk as the mainstream media outlets (Today, Good Morning America, all cable news channels) try to get their grubby hands on a fraction of the ratings for each show by covering them... heavily.
This summer, I'm taking it easy. I'm watching a few intense dramas that I enjoy and picking up a few more new programs that look light-hearted. No reality programming here. And, unlike Bob and Jonathan, I don't feel any allegiance to Studio 60. It's just not good.
The network has ordered six episodes of Lil' Bush, which got its start in September as animated clips through Amp'd Mobile. It's also up on YouTube, where it has been viewed more than 230,000 times. This news isn't going to sit well with the creator of Lil' Bill and Lil' Hill cartoons, who accuses the Lil' Bush creators of ripping him off.
YouTube video of the falafel episode is after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine