(S04E13) One of the stranger things about 'Friday Night Lights' airing on DirecTV -- before this same season airs on NBC starting April 30th -- is the fact that this was the season finale and it was all set around Thanksgiving. We may be contemplating Valentine's Day on other shows and in our own lives, but in Dillon, Texas, it's a Thanksgiving turkey feast, time to hang Christmas decorations outside the house, and -- oh, yes -- the big local high school football game. The Clash of the Cats - Lions versus Panthers. More about the game, the guests, and the tough decisions to be made after the jump.
Amid Lost, 24, House, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Big Love, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, NCIS and others, the drama which some incorrectly think is just about Texas football, doesn't get its just desserts.
This was a typical episode of Friday Night Lights, layered with character development and conflicts, emotions out of whack, and problems that seem to crop up out of nowhere. It's a lot like life. For more on the show and what Tami and Eric were talking about in bed, follow me after the jump.
(S04E04) Life is what happens while you're busy making plans. Matt hasn't exactly been the architect of his future, but the Dillon former quarterback has been plugging along. This week found Saracen in the cross hairs emotionally. The Taylors, meanwhile, continue to struggle through the professional turmoil, and the younger set in Dillon has definite issues -- some good, some not-so-good.
Then there's Buddy Garrity. If he's not a Panther anymore, and he denounced his identity with the West Dillon team last week, what is he? As he told Eric, the beauty of boosterism is that it comes from the heart. Where's Buddy's heart now? More on that and the rest, after the jump.
While it hasn't been added to the schedule grid yet, the '80s animated series Voltron will in fact be a part of Adult Swim starting on November 13. However, the episodes will air at 5:30 am, so if you want to see them on television you'll either have to never sleep, or wake up really early. The addition was announced on the Adult Swim messageboard (hat tip to Adult Swim HQ). If you don't have a DVR to record the episodes, but you have a broadband connection, you'll also be able to catch them on Adult Swim Fix, Adult Swim's video site.
This should thrill folks my age who grew up with this cartoon, though I must admit that while I was aware of it as a kid, I don't think I ever watched a single episode. I guess this is my chance to see what all my friends loved so much about it. I'll just have to regress back to my eight year old self, which shouldn't be too difficult.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones': Top 10 Barristan Selmy Moments
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4 Finale Photos: Can Henry Save His Family in Time?
- 'The Following': 15 Mega Mistakes Made in 'Demons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Week 8 Performance Rankings
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'Fire with Fire'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Shonda Rhimes on FX, New Vikings Cast and More
- Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: Why Is Frankie Muniz Being Held at Gunpoint?
- Josh Charles Joins Masters of Sex Cast for Scent-sational Season 3 Arc
- Criminal Minds Finale Sneak Peek: Kate's Niece Hits the 'Panic' Button
- Ratings: Mike & Molly Slips to Series Low, Gotham Rises With Finale
- More From TVLine
- Met Gala After Party Craziness: Katy Perry & John Mayer Back On, J. Law's Slinky Dress & Kylie Jenner's Sports Bra
- Justin Bieber: Selena Gomez Looked 'Gorgeous' at the Met Gala
- Chris Brown Suspected of Misdemeanor Battery Following Las Vegas Basketball Game Fight
- Mom Just Doesn't Notice Daughter's Engagement Ring, Then Has A Beautiful Response
- The Straight High School Student and His Gay Best Friend He Asked to Prom Have the 'Best Night Ever'
- More From ET