May 28, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 18th 2009 4:25PM
When you write about the television business, one of the little perks is receiving the press kit for a new or returning program. Occasionally, some little trinket will be included -- Kona got a whistle for Sit Down, Shut Up, there was a tee-shirt with My Boys -- but for the most part, the thing you remember about a press kit ultimately is the show.
When the press kit for Glee arrived, it made me laugh. The package was like a long, CD box (remember those?), all in red and looking like a typical high school locker. It even had a combination lock, which gave me the willies as I recalled the apprehension I had that first day in school when I wasn't sure I'd remember the combination in time to make it to home room! There was also a small mirror on the left side -- which I guess qualifies as a trinket -- and it caught my smile in its reflection.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fuller House: Lori Loughlin Says Aunt Becky Will Be Back
- Trevor Noah's Daily Show Premiere Date Announced by Comedy Central
- Hannibal Sneak Peek: Never Offer Your Hand to Dr. Lecter!
- Ratings: The Briefcase Opens Strong, While MasterChef Surges
- Murder in the First Season 2 Trailer Teases Intense New Case, Dirty Cops
- More From TVLine
- Martina McBride Slams Radio Consultant Who Says Fans Prefer Country Songs By Men
- EXCLUSIVE: Miranda Lambert Takes Us Behind-the-Scenes of Her 'Roots and Wings' Recording Session
- Chris Pratt Plays Elton John's Piano, but Is He Any Good?
- Stars Without Makeup
- Chris Pratt Recites the Pledge of Allegiance With His Son and It's the Best Thing You'll See All Day!
- More From ET