Back in January I gave my list of Great Shows, Bad Characters. And now it's time to reverse that and name five great characters trapped in bad TV shows.
1. Hawk (A Man Called Hawk): Not only is Hawk (from Spenser: For Hire) one of the great characters of 80s television, he's one of the great characters of television history. And Avery Brooks...what a perfect actor for the role. No one else could have played Robert B. Parker's character like Brooks (see the later Spenser flicks for proof of that). But then they gave him his own show, moving him to D.C., and he started playing the piano and getting all mushy. Eh. Great character, bad show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2015 SAG Awards: Red Carpet Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': Can Katrina Be Trusted?
- Giveaway: Enter to Win 'The Originals: The Rise' Signed Copy and More!
- 'Supernatural' Video Interviews: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Felicia Day Tease Charlie's Return
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle First Look: Devious Dr. Nieman Returns — And Is She Not Alone...?
- Prison Break's Amaury Nolasco Joins Eva Longoria's Telenovela for NBC
- David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave
- TVLine Items: Full House Reunion Video, DirecTV Premiere Dates & More
- Fox Developing X-Men TV Series: What/Who Should It Be About?
- More From TVLine
- Zach Galifianakis Was Nearly Unrecognizable at the SAG Awards
- Sam Smith Adds Tom Petty as Co-Writer of ‘Stay With Me'
- ET's Favorite Fashion Tips
- Just Say No to the Mani Cam (Like Jennifer Aniston and Julianne Moore Did!)
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in 'Beauty and The Beast': 7 Reasons She's Perfect!
- More From ET