March 3, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 29th 2010 11:07AM
Fans of 'V' should be worrying right about now. With all the promotion ABC has put behind their re-toolings of both 'FlashForward' and 'V,' it's not very encouraging that 'FlashForward returned to even lower numbers than when it left, before quickly slipping even lower to its worst ratings yet.
The real question is why. Did no one have faith that ABC could turn the show around and get it back on track? When did we become so cynical? Plenty of television series have gone through rough starting periods before turning into great shows. I'm not saying 'FlashForward' is suddenly the greatest show on television, but it's vastly improved over its slow and meandering first half.
The two-hour mid-season premiere was epic and fantastic, so I wanted to wait until after the second episode to see how the new 'FlashForward' was going to look. While it was scaled back to the more personal stories again, I again felt that sense of foreboding and tense anticipation that a premise like this should have.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Has Jimmy Discovered His Calling?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Which Coach Makes a Major Comeback?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine
- Ryan Reynolds Says His Baby Daughter is 'Allergic to Sleep'
- Terrence Howard Explains His Oscar Teleprompter Flub
- Tom Hanks Reveals How He Landed a Role in Carly Rae Jepsen's Music Video – and It's Amazing
- Your Favorite WB Stars: Where Are They Now?
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Superlatives: Biggest Mean Girl, Most Delusional & More!
- More From ET