March 30, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 30th 2009 2:32AM
(S04E10) "No one's ever going to hurt you again ... especially me." - Dexter to his infant son, Harrison
Every season, Dexter manages to learn something from every one of his various victims and kills: the origins of his "Dark Passenger," the need for humanity to have a silent hero, why you shouldn't share your serial killing secrets with your best friend.
This season's big lesson seems to be the deepest and most important of all: his family. Dexter kept Arthur Mitchell, the Trinity Killer (although after tonight, he should be redubbed the Trinity Plus One Killer since we learned that Lundy missed a crucial piece of his serial killings), on a long leash hoping to learn how to juggle his family mask and his private hobby, something Arthur has managed to do for more than 30 years. Unfortunately, the lesson he learned was a harsh one: your family is either a family or a mask and can be both. That and don't follow Arthur Mitchell's advice, ever.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Key Moments to Freeing the Author in 'Best Laid Plans'
- 'The Daily Show' Announces Trevor Noah as New Host
- More From BuddyTV
- ABC Family Orders Shadowhunters, Based on The Mortal Instruments Series
- TVLine Items: Chilling Humans Teaser, Fosters Actor Battles YouTube & More
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Scorpion, S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow, Justified, Bates, Once, Laura, iZombie and More
- Ratings: Once Ties Low, Last Man and Secrets and Lies Slip, Good Wife Steady
- Revenge First Look: Victoria Plots Her Next Move After Emily's Big Reveal
- More From TVLine
- Madonna & Taylor Swift Perform 'Ghosttown' at the iHeartRadio Awards: Here Are the 8 Best Moments!
- North West Had the Most Adorable Easter Already -- See Her Smile!
- Jenny McCarthy on 'The View': I Give It One More Year 'Then the Titanic Might Go Down'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Gravity' Is So Much Scarier without Music in New Silent Edition
- More From ET