Wired has a handy character chart (yes, there might be spoilers!), created by bioinformics scientist Martin Krzywinski using Circos software (even that sentence is confusing) that shows how all of the characters are related. The chart showing the entire cast is just a mess of colored lines that might be hard to follow, but you can use the list on the left to narrow down the list of characters and plot points you want to examine.
It's safe to say that's not a question most shows like, say, 'Two and a Half Men' have to deal with, but in the twisty, convoluted world of 'Lost,' where every scene comes with a flashback, a flashforward and possibly time travel to go along with it, there's no telling just who -- or when -- the action will revolve around.
Most Lost fans have a favorite character, or even a few favorites. Now all of the Locke fans, Kate admirers, and Ben disciples can settle their differences--March Madness-style. Since March 7th, the Washington Post has been hosting Lost Madness, a bracket-like poll to determine the best all-time Lost character.
Instead of regions, the tournament sorts everyone by character type: 815ers, Others/DHARMA, rescuers and dead survivors, and other crucial players (the Smoke Monster, Danielle, etc.). The first two rounds are already finished, but you still have time to vote in the Sweet Sixteen round. New winners are revealed every couple of days and the winner will be announced on March 25th.
Several of our sister blogs have some fun Lost-related content available right now. If you've ever wanted to throw your own Lost party, copy Sawyer's bad boy look, or adopt the 815ers' eco-friendly lifestyle, these are the articles for you.
Styledash has a guide on how to dress like Jack, Ben, and the other island inhabitants. The article is a clever take on the characters' fashion choices and what they reveal about their personalities. Blogger Jonathon Morgan also gives practical tips, including where to buy a razor that can give you Jack's perfect stubble, Sayid's tank top, and Ben's courier bag.
Gameloft, the company behind the Lost mobile game, has released a version of the Lost game for sale on iTunes. The game is available for 5th generation video iPods and costs $4.99. The show's writers created a storyline specifically for the game, which allows players to take on the character of Jack Shephard. As Jack, players can "interact" with characters like Kate, Locke, and Sayid.
Among the familiar island settings featured in the game are the beach, the jungle, the hatch, and the Black Rock. According to the game description, players can also "relive the most eventful moments from the series," including the 815 crash, running from the Smoke Monster, and encountering the Others. The game presents players with "challenges" like exploring, hunting, helping the wounded, and searching for dynamite.
Gameloft has created several games based on TV shows, including Desperate Housewives and The O.C.
This site gives a chart of how many of the show's characters are related. Now, I try to follow the show as closely as I can, but since I don't want to go batshit crazy and end up in the loony bin with Hurley and Libby, I don't follow every single piece of information or clues, so I don't know if all of this is correct or up to date.
The date says it was last updated on May 11, so I'm sure a post-season finale upgrade is coming soon.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 6 Take on Country and Rock
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- More From BuddyTV
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- Exclusive Simpsons Promo: Homer Falls to Pieces in Special LEGO Episode
- What's Next For MTV's Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a 'Lesbian Sherpa'
- Pilot News: Meg Ryan to Narrate HIMYM Spin-Off How I Met Your Dad
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will King Horik Turn Floki Against Ragnar?
- More From TVLine
- 'Sorcerer': How Making a Movie Masterpiece Became an Obsession
- Warm-Weather Looks Inspired by H'Wood Fashion Icons
- Watch Paul Walker's Unseen 'Brick Mansions' Fight Training Tapes (video)
- Exclusive: Casting the Ultimate Beauty for the Perfect 'Machine' (video)
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Heels & Glitter at Broadway Opening of 'Hedwig'
- More From ET