Do you want real dish on 'Lost'? So do we, which is why AOL TV went straight to the source and got the exclusive scoop on season 5 of the complicated show from the guys behind the scenes, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
Questioning whether they know where the show's headed? Wondering if Rose and Bernard survived that brutal flaming arrow attack? Want word on the possible Sawyer/Juliet coupling? The producers reveal all of that and more -- including which character they want to see more of and why they went pants-less for this interview. (That's right. We said pants-less.)
Whatever your position on the mysteries of 'Lost,' and whoever's team you're on, you can't deny that Hurley (played by Jorge Garcia) is the show's moral compass, a looking glass for those on the outside and the comic relief in intense situations.
Hurley is also the Oceanic 6 member we'll be seeing the most of in the two-hour season 5 premiere (Wed., Jan. 21 at 8PM ET on ABC), as the Oceanic 6 -- the rescued survivors of flight 815 -- begin their journey back to the island. (Cue the spine-tingling theme music for the show.)
Garcia gave AOL TV the scoop about what to expect this season and what would be the perfect ending for the show. He also cryptically teases a new mystery: What are the 'Lost'-ies wearing that's so hilarious? And what viral video has been keeping the cast laughing? Read on to find out ...
Earlier today, Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse held a teleconference with reporters and bloggers in anticipation of the show's return. They revealed, or at least hinted at, what we can expect in the season's final five episodes, elements of the season finale, and what they hope accomplish in upcoming seasons. Here's a recap:
- The title of the season finale is "There's No Place Like Home."
- When Lost returns, the show will follow Grey's Anatomy. Lindelof and Cuse aren't sure that the two dramas share an audience, but they are happy to share Thursdays with another successful show.
No one, not even the most hardcore Lost fan, can have more questions about the show's characters than the actors who portray them. Recently, Several Lost cast members got a chance to ask these questions in a TV Guide interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the show's executive producers. This was a great idea on TV Guide's part, and the answers didn't disappoint. What could be more fun than letting actors like Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews, and Josh Holloway grill their bosses about issues that have been on fans' minds for months?
Cuse and Lindelof's answers contain a lot of spoilers about what we will learn during Season Four (and when), so stop reading if you want to be surprised. The juiciest responses and some speculation about what these new details could mean are included after the jump. My remarks also take rumors into account, so consider yourself warned.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 3, episode 12: Mellie warns 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'
- 'Banshee's' Demetrius Grosse: Emmett needs to take a step back from Banshee
- 'Veronica Mars' newbie reacts to the series finale cliffhanger: Season 3 can't just end like that
- 'Amazing Race' - 'Welcome to the Jungle': Flight Time's precarious waterfall Road Block
- 'Review with Forrest MacNeil': Stealing, addiction and other parts of life
- More From Zap2it
- Jessie Sneak Peek: Is Emma Getting a J-O-B…?!
- What to Watch Friday: Undercover Employees, Raising Hope Baby Talk, New Clone Wars & More
- Scandal Recap: 'What Is That, Latin for Dweeb?'
- Greek's Spencer Grammer Joins ABC Pilot Saint Francis Opposite Michael Imperioli
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Them's the Breaks
- More From TVLine