Do you want real dish on 'Lost'? So do we, which is why AOL TV went straight to the source and got the exclusive scoop on season 5 of the complicated show from the guys behind the scenes, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
Questioning whether they know where the show's headed? Wondering if Rose and Bernard survived that brutal flaming arrow attack? Want word on the possible Sawyer/Juliet coupling? The producers reveal all of that and more -- including which character they want to see more of and why they went pants-less for this interview. (That's right. We said pants-less.)
Whatever your position on the mysteries of 'Lost,' and whoever's team you're on, you can't deny that Hurley (played by Jorge Garcia) is the show's moral compass, a looking glass for those on the outside and the comic relief in intense situations.
Hurley is also the Oceanic 6 member we'll be seeing the most of in the two-hour season 5 premiere (Wed., Jan. 21 at 8PM ET on ABC), as the Oceanic 6 -- the rescued survivors of flight 815 -- begin their journey back to the island. (Cue the spine-tingling theme music for the show.)
Garcia gave AOL TV the scoop about what to expect this season and what would be the perfect ending for the show. He also cryptically teases a new mystery: What are the 'Lost'-ies wearing that's so hilarious? And what viral video has been keeping the cast laughing? Read on to find out ...
Earlier today, Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse held a teleconference with reporters and bloggers in anticipation of the show's return. They revealed, or at least hinted at, what we can expect in the season's final five episodes, elements of the season finale, and what they hope accomplish in upcoming seasons. Here's a recap:
- The title of the season finale is "There's No Place Like Home."
- When Lost returns, the show will follow Grey's Anatomy. Lindelof and Cuse aren't sure that the two dramas share an audience, but they are happy to share Thursdays with another successful show.
No one, not even the most hardcore Lost fan, can have more questions about the show's characters than the actors who portray them. Recently, Several Lost cast members got a chance to ask these questions in a TV Guide interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the show's executive producers. This was a great idea on TV Guide's part, and the answers didn't disappoint. What could be more fun than letting actors like Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews, and Josh Holloway grill their bosses about issues that have been on fans' minds for months?
Cuse and Lindelof's answers contain a lot of spoilers about what we will learn during Season Four (and when), so stop reading if you want to be surprised. The juiciest responses and some speculation about what these new details could mean are included after the jump. My remarks also take rumors into account, so consider yourself warned.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- Quotes of the Week from Girl Meets World, Sons of Anarchy, Mindy and More
- Can S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Brilliance Trump HYDRA's Magnificence? Lucy Lawless Previews the Season 2 Opener
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- Outlander Recap: Virgin Territory
- More From TVLine
- Emma Watson and Leonardo DiCaprio Draw Attention to the United Nations
- 'The Maze Runner' Tops the Weekend Box Office Along with Two New Movies
- Colin Farrell Confirmed for Second Season of 'True Detective'
- 'Cape Fear' and 'Desperate Housewives' Actress Polly Bergen Dies at 84
- Usher Lights His Shoes on Fire
- More From ET