Anyway, the list carries the most infamous transgressions, like Sinead O'Connor's tearing of the Pope's picture, Martin Lawrence's raunchy monologue, and Elvis Costello playing "Radio Radio" when Lorne Michaels specifically told him not to. But, sometimes, all you have to do is go off script, as Adrien Brody and Charles Grodin found out, to garner a lifetime ban. Or just come unprepared, as Louise Lasser found out. Interestingly enough, Andrew Dice Clay isn't on the list, even though he did a monologue that was probably even more raunchy than Lawrence's. I think the Wikipedia readers just missed that one.
[via digg and Zimbio.com]
I remember when this show premiered like it was yesterday. My mom was really interested in watching it, but I thought it looked just looked like a dumb soap opera (this was before I began my two decade long obsession with Guiding Light). I watched a handful of the episodes, and I didn't like it at all. It was too weird for me. But I'm curious to watch it again, as I'll probably have a different take on it since I'm no longer, you know, 10 years old.
Vol. 1 of the series - a 3 disc set - will be released by Sony on March 27. This set will be 25 episodes, which sounds like a lot until you realize that over its two seasons, the show had 325 episodes. Yikes, I had no idea it had that many shows.
The show starred Louise Lasser as Mary, along with Greg Mullavey, Mary Kay Place, Dody Goodman, Debralee Scott, Philip Bruns, Claudia Lamb, and Dabney Coleman.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- Downton Abbey EP Talks 'High-Stakes' Season 5, Mary's Long Road to the Altar
- Graceland Sneak Peek: With Paige Missing, Is Mike Too Hot to Handle?
- Sneak Peek: Almost Royal Finale Serves Up a (Macabre?) Music Video
- Covert Affairs Casts Lynn Collins as 'Formidable' Russian Agent
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- More From TVLine
- How Well Do the 5 Seconds of Summer Boys Know Each Other? ET Puts Them to the Test
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- Bradley Cooper Explains 40 Pound Weight Gain
- 14-Year-Old Michelle Williams is Adorable on the Set of 'Lassie'
- Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Leon Graduates High School, Blogs About Prom
- More From ET