Anyway, the list carries the most infamous transgressions, like Sinead O'Connor's tearing of the Pope's picture, Martin Lawrence's raunchy monologue, and Elvis Costello playing "Radio Radio" when Lorne Michaels specifically told him not to. But, sometimes, all you have to do is go off script, as Adrien Brody and Charles Grodin found out, to garner a lifetime ban. Or just come unprepared, as Louise Lasser found out. Interestingly enough, Andrew Dice Clay isn't on the list, even though he did a monologue that was probably even more raunchy than Lawrence's. I think the Wikipedia readers just missed that one.
[via digg and Zimbio.com]
I remember when this show premiered like it was yesterday. My mom was really interested in watching it, but I thought it looked just looked like a dumb soap opera (this was before I began my two decade long obsession with Guiding Light). I watched a handful of the episodes, and I didn't like it at all. It was too weird for me. But I'm curious to watch it again, as I'll probably have a different take on it since I'm no longer, you know, 10 years old.
Vol. 1 of the series - a 3 disc set - will be released by Sony on March 27. This set will be 25 episodes, which sounds like a lot until you realize that over its two seasons, the show had 325 episodes. Yikes, I had no idea it had that many shows.
The show starred Louise Lasser as Mary, along with Greg Mullavey, Mary Kay Place, Dody Goodman, Debralee Scott, Philip Bruns, Claudia Lamb, and Dabney Coleman.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- Outlander's Sam Heughan on Whether Jamie's the Man to Govern a Clan
- Report: Amazon to Revive The Tick, Starring Patrick Warburton
- Hotel Hell Sneak Peek: 'Everybody Thinks You're a Horrible [Bleep]'
- New Girl Casts Once Upon a Time Prince as Jess' Not-So-Charming [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine