I know it's only July but yesterday's Daily Programming Insider at MediaWeek.com had a few interesting tidbits about the upcoming fall season.
A pilot last year, Love, Inc., starring Shannon Doherty is no longer starring Shannon Doherty when it premieres on UPN this fall. I'll pause for your total lack of surprise.
Seems Shannon felt it wasn't a good fit and took an exit, so the producers are seeking a replacement. Not that it will matter much, the show will be against The Night Stalker, CSI , and The Apprentice.
Also on UPN, Chris Rock will have his own sitcom called Everyone Hates Chris. It's described as "The experiences of comedian Chris Rock, who also narrates, growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1980s is the focus of this single camera sitcom." Success is doubtful as it is against Alias, Survivor: Guatemala, Joey, The O.C., and Smallville.
Yeah, that sounds like a winner to me too, but I did like this quote from Rock:
"I don't think I have ever done anything and walked out -- there is no evidence of that. My name is Rock, not Chappelle."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- Pilots: ABC Orders College Conspiracy, Modern Oil Boom Dramas, Others
- More From TVLine