I know it's only July but yesterday's Daily Programming Insider at MediaWeek.com had a few interesting tidbits about the upcoming fall season.
A pilot last year, Love, Inc., starring Shannon Doherty is no longer starring Shannon Doherty when it premieres on UPN this fall. I'll pause for your total lack of surprise.
Seems Shannon felt it wasn't a good fit and took an exit, so the producers are seeking a replacement. Not that it will matter much, the show will be against The Night Stalker, CSI , and The Apprentice.
Also on UPN, Chris Rock will have his own sitcom called Everyone Hates Chris. It's described as "The experiences of comedian Chris Rock, who also narrates, growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1980s is the focus of this single camera sitcom." Success is doubtful as it is against Alias, Survivor: Guatemala, Joey, The O.C., and Smallville.
Yeah, that sounds like a winner to me too, but I did like this quote from Rock:
"I don't think I have ever done anything and walked out -- there is no evidence of that. My name is Rock, not Chappelle."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kathryn Prescott
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Speaks at School's Fashion Show: 'When You're the Absolute Best, You Get Hated on the Most'
- Duggar Family to 'Share Our Hearts' in First Post-Scandal TV Interview with Fox News
- The Stars of 'Full House': Then and Now
- Josh Duggar's Cousin Weighs In Amid Molestation Scandal: 'Never Stop Praying'
- Beyonce, Drake Videos Sync Up Perfectly With 'DuckTales' Theme
- More From ET