The role always seemed to be a perfect fit for her and it seems in the wake of her tragic passing that to her, the role was more than just a job.
She once told USA Today that the character was a mix of "Juliette Lewis in Kalifornia and Jessica Lange in Blue Skies." She also said that despite Luanne's ditziness and naive ways, she served as a great source of inspiration for her.
One of TV's most underrated animated shows reached a milestone that has been more ignored than the girl with face herpes at the high school prom.
Mike Judge's brilliant King of the Hill surpassed 250 episodes this past week with barely a mention from the network that kept on the air for 13 seasons.
And it seems a little mean, even for Fox, a network so mean that they run their cars on the tears of crying babies.
Creators Mike Judge (the voice of Hank and Boomhauer) and Greg Daniels (The Office) will continue at the helm, and all the usual characters remain. That means more of Kathy Najimy as Peggy, Brittany Murphy as Luanne, Pamela Adlon as Bobby, Johnny Hardwick as Dale, and Stephen Root as Bill.
Lucky: I'm not sayin' stumpin' isn't risky. When you're out there with nothing but chains, beer and a winch you could rip your arm off and there ain't no one out there to sue.
Hank wasn't featured much in this episode, and that's rare. It seems that even when the plot doesn't revolve around Hank, he still serves as the lone voice of reason that helps maintain some semblance of sanity and common sense among his friends and family. Ultimately, he's the one that helps guide the story to its conclusion. This episode, however, focused on Luanne and Lucky, two people who pretty much live by their own code, which doesn't leave much room for Hank or anyone else. It also left us viewers with a nice little story about the compromises and sacrifices one has to make when they decide to spend their lives with someone.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- What to Watch Thursday: Parks and Rec Finale, Mycroft Holmes Returns, Two Premieres and More
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It! [Updated]
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- More From TVLine